Chapter 20

"I'm sorry Marvolo." Lyra apologized as soon as they went to his study.

"No." He sighed standing near the window and linking his hands at his back. "I was just thinking something else and shouldn't have shouted at you." 

"What's wrong?" She asked and he stayed silent for a long time making her think that he won't answer her. 

"It's about Hogwarts and the younger generation. Dumbledore became the headmaster a few years after my graduation and he changed everything. It's hard to make everything back as before. But, there is a problem of safety of my death eaters. Then there is Fudge who clearly knows about the attacks along with Dumbledore. They signed the magically binding contract with me. The contract won't let them allow Umbridge to give permission to encourage those attacks. I've read it properly and there was no mistake in it. Then, how are they able to still know about these plans and yet still have magic." Marvolo's fist clenched tightly. 

"May be, they changed the contract at the last moment?" Lyra supplied.

"Impossible-" Marvolo stopped suddenly and turned around to look at her. "Changed the contract at last moment?" He mused walking towards his desk and took out the copy of the original contract. 

Lyra sat silently as he read the contract looking very serious. She felt he is too handsome and it's a waste that everyone thinks Lord Voldemort is a snake-like creature. She sighed in her heart as she watched him. Suddenly, his hands tightened as he held the contract and his pupils darkened in obvious anger. 

"Those bastards." Marvolo threw the contract away in anger. 

"Marvolo?" She looked at him shocked. What happened?

"Get out!" He said through clenched teeth. "I don't want to hurt you."

"Marvolo, I- We are going to get married in an year and I'm already your fiancé. I won't leave you alone when you are like this." She said to him. 

"Do as I say, Lyra." He said banging his fist on the table. Lyra hissed as she felt pain erupt through her scar. 

"Marvolo, please calm down." She walked towards him. 

"It's best if you just go." Marvolo said to her, but she just went towards him and hugged him around his waist. "Go before I do something which I might regret later, Lyra."

"I'm not leaving you alone when you are this angry and might harm yourself in your anger." She said clutching him even more tightly. "Marvolo, calm down. Ok? It's going to be ok. You just have to calm down and relax. Then you can think properly and plan something to get your revenge on the people who tricked you into this false treaty."

"I read the contract right before signing it. I read every single word. But the contract is now changed. Dumbledore is behind all this. He made this contract and I shouldn't have believed him. I should've checked the contract for spells. I was so stupid to believe he is genuine towards this treaty." Marvolo's fists were still clenched at his sides and Lyra had to bite her lip to stop wincing at the pain in her scar. 

"You are not stupid. You just didn't think about this possibility. You already had so many things going on in your mind. You have so many things to take care of, Marvolo. Your death eaters are finally going to get freedom. You don't have to fight a bloody war to bring the changes you always wanted to bring. You don't have to hurt children in the fights that always happen between the light and dark. You must be happy at that moment to even think about this thing. Don't blame yourself for everything. You are just a human like everyone of us. You can make mistakes too and it's ok to make mistakes. You will only learn by making mistakes and then correcting them." Lyra said to him and felt his body relax slightly as she said the last sentence. He moved backwards and she went with him.