hatdog 1

I am May Himari Iwasaki.

Kira-san, the owner of the orphanage, told me that I was left by someone on the orphanage's door step when I was a baby, she is also sure it was a woman because she has long blonde hair.

Although mine's dark purple.

Someone came in the orphanage one day to tell Kira-san my mother has passed away and my father is long gone.

Fortunately Karlheinz, the former husband of my late mother, wants to adopt me.
~•~

While packing up, I heard the door open and just assumed it's Kira. She never knocks.

"Hey May?" Kira called, as she closes the door.

"Hey Kira?" I mocked.

She just chuckled and wrapped her arms around me. "I'm gonna miss you"

She's been the best person here in the orphanage, even though the other kids hate me since I'm obviously Kira's favourite.

"I'm gonna miss you too" I said as I hugged her back.

"You won't forget us right?"

"How could I?" I giggled as we let go of each other.

I'm going to miss this orphanage, especially Kira-san. But I still can't feel excited to meet my new family.

It's every orphan's dream to meet their new family after all.

"The cab's here!" Yukio called from the hallway.

He wants me out that bad?

Kira helped me with my stuff and carried some of my bag to the cab.

I said my goodbyes and took off.

I honestly have no expectation. Kira just told me I'm about to live with my six brothers and my step father. She aslo mentioned that the house is hella huge, I wonder if there's gonna be some servants or cooks or gardeners.

Okay now I have an expectation.

While I'm inside the cab, on the way to the "mansion", I noticed a letter inside my suitcase...

"Dear Himari,
I hope that you'll be happy with your brothers, and get along with them.
- Karlheinz"

Has this letter been always here inside my suitcase?

~•~

"We're here!" The driver said excitedly. "So, you're about to meet your new family?"

He did pick me up from an orphanage, of course he knows I'm an orphan.

Well, former orphan.

"Yeah" I answered while pulling my baggages out from the cab.

"Wow" the driver said. "You're gonna live in a palace!"

I stopped and looked at the mansion in front of us. It's probably a 4 story mansion with five chimneys sticking out from the roof. Plants growing out from the walls.

No gardener then.

I walked through the huge garden they have in front. Trees that have to be trimmed and thick bushes took my attention.

I finally reached the front door and was about to knock but it opened by itself.

That's the first.

"Hello?" I asked, as they echo from the large space of this grand foyer.

I looked around and see a magnificent staircase splitting in two halfway to the second floor, topped with fancy, red rug and a huge chandelier in the middle.