4.

Research hall

Anirudh pov

"We are not getting sufficient funds.. you are the Ceo," I said.

"Do I need you to tell me?"

"What's going on here?" A familiar bold yet sweet voice was heard from behind.

Every face turned towards her bossy figure. A lady standing boldly in the crowd of 65 men with her long hair swinging gracefully as she was walking towards me and Mr. Desai.

Ms. Anamika stood in front of me and faced Mr. Desai. It was the first time I noticed her long beautiful hair from behind. I was busy with the fragrance hitting my nostrils intoxicating me. My dumbfoundedness was interrupted by our grumpy CEO.

"He dares to argue with me on his first day!"

"I was not!" I defended myself. Ms. Anamika gave me a look and I shut my mouth. I don't know what is in her that scared everyone, even the CEO.

She turns her face back towards the CEO. Her hair brushed across my face giving me a weird sensation in my heart.

"Mr. Desai, can you tell me?" She said politely.

"He was arguing about the shortage of funds and was saying that the data, the specialized data is false!" Mr. Desai said in his annoying voice.

"And..?"

"And he just joined! He should know what he is doing." Mr. Desai gave me a look.

"I'll take care of him, Mr. Desai." Ms. Anamika says in a cool tone.

"How?" He asks again scratching his nose.

"Make him my assistant." She said looking at her watch.

I could hear whispers and weird noises.

"Is he going to assist the devil?"
"He's dead on his first day!"
"No way, they could make him die but not this job!"
"RIP young man!"

I gulped and ignored those voices just to notice a devilish smirk on Mr. Desai's lips like he was telling me that I'm a lump of dead meat. He left after adjusting his brown coat with check patterns.

I noticed Siddharth talking to Anamika.

"He's just a kid!" Said Siddharth.

"I know what I'm doing." She tells him.

After a while, the meeting starts.

Anamika started with her speech

"If you are selected in the oceanography department that means you dare to sacrifice comfort and know-how to manage every situation.

We have the responsibility to explore a large part of the earth, the oceans. You should be proud that you are working in this field.

And on this note, I would welcome everyone for a new beginning in their life.

Welcome to the life of oceans!"

Everyone claps and admires her, even Siddharth. He's such a good friend to her, I've always seen him smiling and clapping for her even if she's bad at showing emotions he always takes her stand.

I was noticing the beautiful fishes behind the glass. Did I mention that our research hall is underwater? It's like heaven on earth.

Siddharth came towards me with a gentle smile and I smiled back at him. "Anirudh Sharma, glad to meet you." He shook hands with me. "Pleasure is all mine." I smiled at him.