37.

Anirudh stepped back for a bit but then he too held my hand and walked with me.

"Anamika what were you doing at this hour?" My mother asked.

"I was with my boyfriend, having some quality time." Somya had a wide smile on her face.

"Oh tell me about it!" She giggled and even I laughed. "Somya.. I think you should go into the next room." Mum said and she went.

I settled with Anirudh and Mom looked at both of us.

"Mom.. let's just sort it out." I sipped some water, even Anirudh was confused about what got into me?

"I have a problem that you two might be in a delusion." She looked at both of us and continued further. "I have talked to Anirudh's mother about this and we both respect our different perspective over this situation."

"I'll give you valid points." I said in a polite way. Anirudh squeezed my hand from under the table.

I took a deep breath.

"You may have a talk with your mother, I'll just pass.." Mum said and left the room.

"He's not of your age, how can you be sure he's mature enough for you?" She asked.

"Well even though he's not of my age.. he handles me in my worst."

"What about the fact that you earn more than him?"

"He's brilliant in what he does and he has his whole career ahead, we plan to grow together not compare our salaries." I cleared my throat.

She raised an eyebrow at us and continued. "What about your future plans? When would you get married even if I agree?"

"When we both are ready mother!" I sighed. When is this going to end already!

"Mom.. I know you're worried about Anamika because whatever you've been through." Anirudh said softly, mother's whole attention went towards him.

"Anirudh!" I whispered, I don't want him to handle a situation he doesn't know about. He slightly placed his palm on my thigh and slided it to calm me down.

"When I met her, I didn't knew if that was love or what but her lifestyle hurted me. She works so hard without stopping that it leads to hurting her mental health."

"What, Anamika!" She had a shock on her face and she faced me.

"My mother was her Doctor." He continued.

"Anirudh, don't!" I held his bicep.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Mother shouted and I clenched my eye, with a tear rolling down.

"I'm sorry Anamika I can't see you cry but-" he looked at me mother with glossy eyes. "Your mother deserves every right to know."

"Aunt.. I want to say that you have raised her so well into this beautiful, talented and successful Ceo like you." He took a deep breath and all I did was looking at his face without blinking, the tears were facing my view.

He looked at me, his hands never stopped caressing my arms. "That I fell in love with her at the first day. And I am none like her father."

"Don't bring that man up!" She looked away, even her eyes melted knowing about my mental health, my anxieties.

"Mom don't cry!" I whispered in a broken voice. "Shut up, which mother would not cry, knowing that her daughter is suffering?"

"I'm happy mom!" I said with a big smile, not because of the man sitting with me this time but because I saw her melting for me, I saw the most strong woman crying for me. It's sad and happy at the same time. Maybe I'm being selfish but it's the first time I want to be selfish.

"And aunt she didn't healed because of me." Anirudh pulled me closer into a hug. "She even had the courage to face her father after I left."

"You met him?" She widened her eyes, I nodded looking down. "Oh Anamika, why do you think you could handle the whole world huh?" She shouted with broken voice.

"Because I'm your daughter!" I cried.

"You both are perfect ladies." Anirudh bowed to us, dramatically. Mom smiled a bit at him but controlled her expressions before he could know. I punched his chest lightly with a giggle.

"But for 6 months, you had no contact... Don't you think you should know each other before disclosing your relationship?" We stopped for a minute at her question.

"Mom, that's why we are not just getting married in desperation!" I sat back to normal and said.

"We would plan everything Aunt."

She stood up and we both flinched.

"Ok fine, just hug me now!" She looked away hiding her smile and tears.

We ran and squeezed her into a hug. "Ouch! You both! Don't kill me because I'm less agreeable than others!" we both laughed hugging her and she laughed too.

Anirudh pulled back and saw both of us hugging. He even wiped his tear watching us, we were so lost in hugging each other. We never used to hug when I was a kid, as far as I know.

Ms. Shrivastav pov

She doesn't know anything! I used to hug her to sleep when she was small. Anyways... These two managed to make me cry tonight!

Anirudh left the room giving us space and my daughter... I'm so proud of her.

I feel a lot of things right now. Like typical mother things... My daughter got the love of her life, she's getting old and all and all...

Being a single parent comes with a lot. I don't know if I was a good mother but... I hope she stays happy in her life.

Anamika pov

Next morning...

"So mom... What do you think?" Me and mom were eating our 5 soaked almonds. Anirudh was working out outside. He was dripping with sweat and his white tank was invisible, we watched him for the balcony.

I bit my lip watching him. "Control those hormones dear." I noticed mom and looked down. She laughed at my flushed face. "I think he's a nice guy for you." I squeezed her again saying overusing thankyou.

"God! Don't kill me with your hugs!" She taunted while laughing.

She left to talk to mum after sometime, I was still looking at my man working out. He removed his tank and again I zoned out watching him. His perfect body is driving me crazy.

He noticed me and signed to come there. I walked down and stood in front of him.

He pulled me closer with his one arm, I gasped. "Don't you think you're staring me a lot lately?" He whispered in his raspy voice.

"Am I?" My eyes still didn't left his face. "Hmmm." He raised a brow with a smirk on his face.

"Brother breakfast is ready!" Somya's voice came in between. I stepped back and we both started looking down.

"Coming!" I responded.

"What does aunt thinks?"

I hugged him tightly and moved my face towards his ear. "She likes you honey!" He excitedly lifted me in his arms and started twirling. My face was buried inside his chest, arms hugging him tightly. He was repeatedly kissing my forehead. We forgot where we are.

"I love you so much Anamika!" He shouted swinging my body with his.

I cupped his cheeks, his doe eyes looked into mine and his cheeks were red with that million dollar smile of his.n

"I love you Anirudh!" I kissed his cheek and he closed his eyes feeling me. He attached his forehead with mine. "Thankyou for coming in my life." His grip was firm and so gentle at the same time.

I smiled while we kissed, hoping we would be like this forever.

"Guys! Breakfast?" I heard Somya again and we both laughed till our eyes, like little kids who mess up together.

I love being this little kid with him.