20.

Anamika pov

We were all set for office again. Mom was coming again for dimmer tonight. I looked at Anirudh as we were walking hand in hand.

"What about Rishi?"
"Oh him?" He smiled at me.
"Why do you think it's funny?"
"He's gay."
"What!"

I was beyond shocked! I mean... We are going to get married if things don't change in front of my mother.

"So that was the reason you chose him?" I looked at the seven year younger boy than me who was the mastermind behind it.

"I would win your mother's heart in these months." He held my hand tighter and I smiled knowing that he would find a way for us.

"Where's Sid and Som?"
"Oh them?" He laughed.
"Um what about them Anirudh?"
"They're a couple now." He winked at me.

Another shock! I looked at Sid and Som coming towards us hand in hand giggling. My two bestfriends are in love, I'm more than happy for them.

They looked at us and freezed. "I was just going to tell you." Somya said when I gave her a tough look. I broke into laughter watching their faces.

"Ya.. you scared us Anamika." Sid took a deep breath. Anirudh pulled me closer and kissed my forehead. "My lady is too beautiful to be scared of." I like that about Anirudh that he calls me His lady or his woman and not his girl. He respect my experience and never exceeds his limits.

"I think we should celebrate." Anirudh said and I could see shining eyes of Somya. All of us agreed for having this party and ofcourse we are not making our relationship public for now because lot of things need to be settled.

"So tonight it is!" Sid said.
"Okay... We would have a lot of fun!" Somya jumped and climbed on Sid. He held her and walked forward taking her on a piggyback ride.

"They're really adorable." I looked at them with an awww face. Next moment I felt Anirudh's arms under my thighs and him walking forward taking me in a princess hug.

"Ya... We are no teenage couple!" I hit his chest lightly just to hear giggles from him. He snuggled on my chest and we four walked like this only. Me and Somya were blushing like crazy.

Before arriving office I asked him to let me go. Me, Anirudh and Sid walked inside the office just to meet the first person- Shanaya.

She rolled her eyes looking at us giggling. Her sight caught my Anirudh and she walked towards us. "Baby.. I missed you." She was coming forward to hug Anirudh just to be dragged back by me.

"Dear, not in the office." I cheesly smiled at her and she burnt at my audacity.

"Aren't you just jealous because you never had a love huh?" She pinched me with her words.

"Actually Shanaya.. I'm already over you and we had a deal for one night only right?" He threw papers towards her and I came to know it must be a deal.

She took them and was leaving with jealousy all over her face. "And yes, only fool girls find love early. She's an independent woman." he shouted making sure to be heard by her.

"You didn't really had to..."

"Then who would?" He caressed my cheek making me smile.

I went inside the office and found higher authorities sitting. "Good morning Anamika."
"Good morning."
"We're here to discuss about something important." Mr. Goyal said. He's a fundraiser responsible for research department.

I sat on the chair. "Please sit down everyone."
"We need some of your researchers for research on covid vaccine." Mr. Gautam, another CEO said.
"I would go myself."
"You have been postponing this from months Anamika." Mr. Gautam said.
"I can't send the fresh batch, it's dangerous." Why don't they understand that research on vaccine could be hazardous for health.
"The world needs them Anamika." Mr. Goyal said.
"I just need time." I said looking both of them.
"Make a list of the most responsible and talented researchers and send to us by this weekend."
"But-"
"No buts Anamika." Mr. Goyal cut me off.