12.

Anirudh pov

One month later

Being Anamika's assistant is a good thing. I get to stay close to her and her aura is so strong that a person can be motivated just by talking to her. But I'm very well aware that these days are going to end soon.

It was a pleasure working as her assistant but I'm here for researching, not doing these chores. Being her assistant is my job for now but my career is the research in oceans.

Today is my last day working as her assistant and I learn a lot of things about her. Something is known by me and Sid only.

She's a woman of value and high discipline. She hated getting things done at the wrong time because to her timing is everything. And about dating life... I don't think she would need a man for her whole life and I'm kind of getting over the puppy love I had for her.

I tried not to encounter her often if it's not for work. I and Siddharth became friends in the past month. I appreciate his cooking and driving skills and he appreciates me for handling all the work I do as an assistant.

It's going back home. Siddharth was waiting in the parking lot. I went to Anamika regarding the changing post. From tomorrow I would be working in the research department.

She was sitting on her chair as usual reading a Magazine. She completed all the data on time. I knocked on the door.

"Come in." She said. After a long time I heard her voice, it relieved me in a way. It's a relief that she didn't get any ocean water this time after she went on the site.

I walked in with some documents of mine.

She looked at them. "I see... Today's your last day working as my assistant." She took the documents and looked at them.

A paper kept on the table caught my attention. It had a heading written on it.

Proposal for Ms. Anamika Shrivastav for being the CEO of the Oceanography department.

She had declined the offer!

"Anamika!" I said looking at the paper.

"Why have you declined this opportunity?"

She looked at the paper.

"They are offering me from two years." She casually said.

"Then why?"

"CEOs are like Presidents and HOD is like a prime minister. CEOs have paperwork only but HODs get to interact with every fresh batch and they know what's going on in the department better than anyone else."

I smiled and nodded my head. Of course, she doesn't care about money or reputation but her responsibility.

"You did eat work in the past month. From tomorrow you can join as the researcher." She said. I still can't believe she praised me with a smile. I did give everything to her in the past month. But this one compliment was worth everything.

"Sid is ordering pizza today. Mind if you join?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yea I'll be there!" She sure loves pizzas. I know that. She has it every month as a cheat day!

"Should I take out your causal clothes from the closet?" I asked her. Of courses, it's also a part of my job. She barely has time for choosing the outfits.

"Anirudh, You are free from that job now!"

"I want to do it for the last time!" I smiled at her closet and pulled out grey pajamas and a baby pink tee shirt with a soft extra-large scrunchie.