40.

Anamika pov

One year later

Anirudh's being acting weird lately... His cheeks tinted with red colour and sometimes he smile sheepishly alone.

I caught him staring a few times, like I'm his high school crush..

People say that the spark gets dull after you get in a relationship well.. my gaze turned towards my boyfriend who's lost in my eyes.

Jokes on people!

Today's an important day, I have to meet my father and Anirudh is also coming with me. I haven't talked about it with mother yet.

I know my father was not a good father, not even a good husband but... I want him to come. I want him to come and see my happy start!

Getting ready for office and after becoming a ceo, Somya changed my style. She says I should dress more like a boss now. I agree, it makes me feel powerful.

Anirudh and Sid are still getting awarded by Government and various NGOs also. They have done something money can't compare ever.

They served the nation.

I walked inside the place which means the world to me, my department.

Shanaya is working hard with her Hod post. I still get to keep the check on new researchers and have a talk with them.

Their enthusiasm brings new energy everytime I stand their for a speech.

I'm managing proper funds for my new researchers, my new members of Oceanography family. I don't want them to bear the shortage of funds that we did for these years.

Me, Sid, Anirudh... We have survived under great pressure so we make sure the new ones don't get to take tension of the things which we are supposed to manage.

I heard a knock on my cabin, it was Anirudh.

"It's been an year and still you want to knock?" I chuckled.

"Our relationship doesn't change the fact that you're my superior." He gives the same reason he give everytime.

"You forgot your lunch." He kept it on the table and was walking away without making a noise.

"Stop." His feet stopped at my words.

"Can you pick a dress for me?" I batted my eyes. He promised me that he'll pick my dress for tonight, like he did on his second day.

"Sure hun!" The new batch of researchers still get amazed sometimes at the fact that me and Anirudh are a couple and Sid is our best friend.

We are just so professional with them but-

He pecks my forehead and I couldn't stop to smile. "Darling, I can't wait to see you in this." He pick a black dress for me.

Sophisticated and perfect for tonight.

My lips moved in an in audible 'I love you' to which he blushed.

Yes, my man blushes.

And that's adorable!

Sid pov

"Yes.. you have to read this again, it has errors." I was explaining the file error to one of my junior but...

My site turned towards the window, a black mercedes was there. It's my favourite car and when the window turned down it was-

Somya!

That kid, she's driving. I don't care if that car is Mercedes or Alto.. my little girl is driving.

Totally forgetting that it's actually automatic.