Chapter 22 - War stories

Mor's POV

I was quiet, I felt empty, hearing what had happened, and we haven't even gotten to the bad part. Gabriel took us into another room, this one was shaped similarly to the previous but instead of portraits there were paintings of events.

"Eyllwe, and Terrasen were the only invaded countries to fight back. In Eyllwe, rebel groups were formed, they fought against Adarlanian soldiers whenever and wherever they could. The king and queen of Eyllwe were forced to give up their crowns and much of their power but they still held their titles. Doing this allowed them and their family to keep their lives, and avoid a fate similar to that of the royal families of Terrasen and Melisande. When Princess Nehemia Ytger was old enough she did what she could to support the rebel groups.

She was known by many as:

Princess of Eyllwe

and

The Light of Eyllwe

Over the years Aedion staged battles, making it look as if he was killing his people, making it look as if he served and was loyal to the King of Adarlan. He impressed the king so much that after winning his first battle he was rewarded by the king himself, he was offered riches, but all he asked for was the sword of Orynth. Brannon's sword, Rhoe's sword, the sword that rightfully belonged to Aelin.

Aedion fought with this sword furthering the believability of his lies. As he staged his battles he spread lies of the death count, making them seem bigger then they truly were. Because he was sent to fight in the north of Terrasen where there was often snow, it was easy to cover up the fact that battles never truly happened. The next day the battlefield would be covered in a layer of snow.

He was and is known as:

General

Prince

Adarlan's Whore

and

Wolf of the North

During this time people were scared, they were hungry, and some were just outright cruel. People would out rebels or rebel supporters to the authorities if they believed it would keep them and their families safe, or to get coins. Sometimes they just made up lies. The people who were believed to be rebels, or rebel supporters, were either executed or sent to the salt mines of Endoiver or Callacula. These people were slaves, most didn't survive a month once they were in. Those who did died before they saw month six. There was no way in or out, no way for them to be saved, no hope to ever see the sun again. Only three ever got out, each one was taken out for the same reason. Two of them died within a month of being out. The third still lives to this day. These camps were death camps.

Upon seeing what was and what had happened to the other kingdoms Melissande and Fenharrow bowed to the Adarlan, some people opposed the invasion, they were killed or sent to camps, many towns who housed magic users or rebels, were burned. The inhabitants of these cities fled, some fled to Rifthold, only for the immigrant purge to take place. Many immigrants were harassed, killed, or worse by the people of Rifthold.

During these years Aelin was raised by Arobynn Hamel, he brought in experts from across our continent to train her in a variety of things. Though her training was effective it was brutal. This training earned her a variety of scars, one could say that it was not training at all, but abuse. She was raised as the only female assassin in the assassin's keep in Rifthold, and became the only female in the guild.

She was sent on her first mission at twelve. After that they kept on coming her way. Each job she took and completed earned her a sum, most of which went on to pay her debt towards Arobynn Hamel.