Chapter 19: Dress Shopping.

After much forcing, begging and hair pulling, Biana was able to get Sophie to go dress shopping. 

It was the one part of wedding planning that Sophie was putting off. She had planned everything else, the guest list, invitations, flowers, venue, everything. 

Everything except for what she was going to wear.

"No, Biana! Why should I have to spend so much time trying on dresses and shoes that aren't even comfortable that I will wear once and then out in a storage room to show my grandkids when they want to see it." Because that's all it's going to be used for! There is absolutely no point!" Sophie complained. She was like this the whole walk through Atlantis to the Bridal shop. 

"Sophie..." Biana dragged out. "It will only be today, then you're done. 

"Okay, fine.

They walked into the store and Sophie was taken aback by how many dresses there were.

After looking around, Sophie noticed something.

"Biana? Why are barely any of them white?" She asked, completely oblivious.

"Oh Sophie, we don't do 'white weddings' here. I mean, you can if you want to but most people prefer colors. 

Sophie turned around in a circle to look at all of the dresses and her eyes eventually set on one in the back.

It was gold and sparkly and decently simple.

Sleeveless bodice with straps and the rest simply puffed outwards. Sophie was able to find it in her size and rushed to the back to try it on. She wanted to get this over with. When she tried it on, she realized how amazingly comfortable this dress was. It didn't have a corset or much form so it wasn't squeezing her to death. It even had pockets! She could be walking down the aisle with goblin throwing stars in her dress.

After Biana approved of her dress, which she did right away, Sophie just had to find shoes. 

This she did very quickly. A pair of simple gold flats. Biana reluctantly agreed to them after all the pairs of five inch heels she found were rejected.

Sophie sighed in relief. All she had left to do for the wedding was show up. Then she would be married to Fitz.