Chapter 4: The Date

"I guess you just can't stop falling for me, huh?"Fitz laughed. Sophie felt her face flush a even deeper red than it already was, which she didn't think was possible.

"Well we best be going" Fitz said as he gently lowered her to her feet. Sophie stumbled a little bit but Fitz caught her.

"Thanks" Sophie said shyly. The couple walked over to the leap-master and Fitz said

"Siren rock". When they got there Fitz pointed out a picnic blanket with a basket full of food. Next to it was a dimly lit candle.

"Oh Fitz! It's perfect!" Sophie exclaimed. Fitz sat down and motioned for her to sit down. As Sophie sat down she jumped a bit, the dew from the grass had soaked through the blanket a little bit.

"Oh sorry, the blanket must not be thick enough." He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her close. As their faces got closer Sophie could feel his breath on her cheek. Her mind was rushing with HE'S GOING TO KISS ME!!!. Eventually he pulled her in and gently placed his lips on hers, and Sophie kissed him back. They were so lost in the kiss, it was electrifying. They finally pulled away from the kiss which was probably only a few seconds Then they ate the food that Fitz had brought. Once they finished the food the laid down and looked at the stars. Pointing out the different constellations in the beautiful night sky.

"I went stargazing with my human family once," Sophie explained "my Dad told me that if you wish on the brightest star in the sky then your wish will come true"

"What did you wish for?" Fitz inquired.

"That I'd find someone like me.        Who would understand." Sophie answered.

Time skip 

"Oh no!" Fitz said loudly. They had fallen asleep while star gazing.

"Huh? What! Where are we. Oh! What happened?"

"We fell asleep while looking at the stars." Fitz explained.

"What time is it?" Sophie asked.

"Eight o'clock. We still have some time. Let's go!" Fitz stood up and then helped Sophie on to her feet. He pulled out his pathfinder and they light leaped back to Havenfield just in time. Fitz kissed her goodnight, said goodbye to Grady and light leaped back to Everglen. 

"So how was your date." Edaline inquired.

"I think I'm in love!" Sophie responded dreamily.