Chapter 2: The Talk

Grady led Fitz into his office on the second floor for a talk. Fitz knew it was going to be harsh.

"So you like my daughter, eh?" Fitz gave a small nod.

"And you want to date here eh?" Fitz nodded again, but more confident this time. He was nervous, he did not want to feel the wrath of the over-protective father of the girl he loved. 

"Well you seem like a good young man, you can go on one date and we will see how it goes. But if you break her heart... you will regret it." Grady said. Fitz was overjoyed.

"Thank you" was all he could think of saying.

"I'll have her home by eight."

"Good. Now go ask her out!

Sophie pulled out her imparter.

"Show me Lihn song"  Linh's face showed up on the screen.

"Fitz just asked me out!" Sophie whisper shrieked.

"That's wonderful!" Lihn exclaimed. "But why do you look worried?" Sophie glanced up the stairs hoping Fitz was passing  the over-protective father test.

"He's in Grady's office getting the boyfriend lecture. He has been in there for about forty minutes already!" 

Then Fitz walked down the stairs with Grady trailing behind him. 

"He's here! Sorry, got to go Linh!" She said before hanging up.

Sophie ran and jumped on FItz and gave him the tightest hug ever. Fitz scooped her around so her arms were around his neck and he was holding her bridal style. He pecked her on the cheek and gently lowered her down.

"How's tonight five till eight?" He inquired.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" Was all Sophie could say. She was going on a date with Fitz Vacker!