Chapter 20: The Wedding

Sophie woke up on the morning of her wedding to the noise of Biana squealing. To be honest, she wakes up like that more often than she doesn't. 

"Sophie! What happened? Your hair looks like a dead rat!" Biana complained.

"It's called, 'I just woke up 30 seconds ago, let me shower'." Sophie fought. Biana sighed and pulled her friend out of bed and shoved her into the ensuite bathroom.  

When Sophie eventually emerged, Biana got to work.

She started on Sophie's hair, tying it and braiding it into an intricate half up, half down style. 

When she was done with the hair, she moved onto Sophie's makeup.  Biana applied a dusting of gold eyeshadow to match with the dress that she had chosen, as well as some light pink lipstick, mascara and light eyeliner. 

Eventually, Sophie's face was (according to Biana) flawless so it was time for Sophie to put on her dress. 

It was just as comfortable as it had been the day Sophie tried it on and she was ready. All she needed to do now was go to Everglen.

She went up to the leap master and shouted, 

"Everglen!" And whisked away. 

When Sophie ended up at Everglen, she went straight to the reception hall where benches were set up with an aisle in the middle. 

Twenty minutes later, the wedding march started playing. She took Grady's arm and started walking down the aisle. 

"Don't let me fall, Grady." She whispered, knowing that she would trip due to all the nerves if she wasn't clinging so strongly to his arm. 

"I wouldn't dare, Soph." She whispered back.   

Sophie looked up at Fitz where he was standing gin his tuxedo looking as handsome as ever. She took his hand in hers and turned to face Alden who was officiating the wedding. 

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the endless love between Sophie Foster-Ruewen and Fitzroy Avery Vacker. You may say you vows. 

(A/N, I'm writing the traditional vows because I'm writing this early in the morning right now and I didn't get enough sleep last night to be creative.)

"I, Sophie Elizabeth Foster-Ruewen, take, Fitzroy Avery Vacker, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, 'til death do us part." Sophie recited the traditional vows that she had memorized the day before. 

Fitz then repeated the same. 

"You may kiss the bride." Alden said. 

Fitz cupped her cheek with his and and pulled her in for a passionate kiss. It was like the whole world and all of the people watching had disappeared. All that mattered was the two of them together, forever united.