Chapter 9: Everglen

Sophie woke up with Fitz beside her. It reminded her of their first date. A couple of seconds later, Fitz woke up too. He climbed out of the cot and kissed Sophie on the forehead.

"I'm going to go change in the washroom. Don't go anywhere!" Fitz chuckled to himself. Yesterday, Elwin had told her she wasn't allowed to leave the cot. She couldn't go anywhere.

Sophie squeezed Ella and looked around. She saw Elwin in his lab, mixing elixirs. Fitz came out of the washroom in a navy blue fitted jerkin and dark grey pants. Sophie felt under-dressed in her pink, sparkly Happy Shadow Thoughts tunic.

Elwin came out of his lab holding a tray of brightly coloured medicines. Sophie gulped. That was a lot of elixirs for her to drink. And usually, a majority tasted horrible. Fitz sat on the edge of her bed and held her hand. Elwin placed the tray on Sophie's lap and said, "Drink up!" She paled. 

Fitz grabbed the first elixir, opened it and held it to her mouth. I took a deep breath and swallowed. 

37 elixirs later, she was finally done!

Elwin said Sophie could go home so Fitz took me to Everglen. When we arrived, Biana jump tackled me. I was knocked to the ground and Fitz had to pry Biana off of Sophie in order to help her  up. When their hands touched, Sophie blushed.

"Still embarrassed of us?" Fitz asked jokingly. 

"I-I no I-" Sophie started. Fitz cut her off with a kiss. Sophie blushed as red as a tomato.

"Let's go to Havenfield." Fitz said when they broke apart. Sophie nodded and Fitz held up his leaping crystal to the light.

"Havenfield!"