Chapter 12: The Surprise

Sophie was pacing back and forth through her bedroom. What were Grady and Fitz talking about? 

She continued her constant worrying for 45 minutes before Fitz hailed her on her imparter. 

"Hey Soph, could you come over to Everglen in a few minutes?" He asked.

"Sure of course I will! See you there!" Sophie said.

"Great, Love you," Fitz exclaimed.

"Love you too. Bye"

And they hang up. Sophie only had a few minutes before she promised to be at Everglen.

She rushed into her closet and scanned her racks of clothes. She wanted to take a break from only teal and red so she chose a beautiful high-low gold dress. It had black lace on the bodice and she wore black peep toe heels.

She quickly brushed gold eye shadow on her eyelids and applied light pink lip gloss.

Sophie sprinted to the leap master, careful not to trip over her heels and leaped to Everglen.

When she arrived, she only saw black. A hand was over her eyes. Sophie thrashed and screamed until she heard Fitz's voice in her head.

Sophie, it's okay, it's just me.

Sophie's body relaxed. Fitz guided her across the grounds of Everglen. She only knew that they were still at Everglen because they didn't light leap. When Fitz took his hand away, Sophie was shocked. 

It was Dex, Tam, Linh, Keefe, Biana, Marella, Maruca, Wylie, Alden, Della, Grady, Edaline, Tiergan and even Elwin. They all shouted,

"Surprise!"

There were Teal decorations everywhere. Sophie's head spun. She didn't know what all of this was. Until Fitz whispered in her ear,

"Happy inception date Soph." 

He turned her head to face him and kissed her. 

Sophie smiled, She was now seventeen.