Nineteen

Big one. L x

Ryder PoV

We play about in the sea a little, not as long as I'd like, but I don't want to keep the nice couple waiting with our stuff long.

Kissing, joking about. It's feeling so good.

"Why'd you leave your top on Ry? Didn't trust me to keep it PG?" She's so flirty, wow! I love this new side of her.

I laugh and nod, taken back, not sure how to respond. "Nah, I just.... only fair.... you'll have to get a new top with something weird on like.... a donkey on the beach, or a crab with an ice cream... so, I figure I should too, right?"

She giggles and bites her lip. "I wouldn't trust me to keep PG.. so... good choice," she teases with a cute shrug, her big innocent eyes are just a cover for this incredible mind, and her sexy intentions.

****

Walking hand in hand with my girl up to the pier again, dripping wet, biggest smiles, in a great mood... the moods ruined when I spot Danielle. Fuck.

Danielle and a group of our mutual friends through school are standing about near the old couple on the bench. Not talking to them, but it's clear that Danielle wishes to intercept us.

"Oh god," Bella groans and I squeeze her hand supportively. Then I realise our situation.

I pull Bella to a stop and she frowns at me.

"It's alright, you don't wanna let them know we're together." I shrug unsure on what she actually wants.

"I'd want to tell Will first? But..." she looks over to the group of laughing teens. Let's out a huff, squeezing her wet hair out with one hand, other still in my hand as I stroke her thumb with mine.

"I think it's probably too late if they've been watching us." She doesn't look happy and carefree anymore.

Everything was going so well! Argh!

Why did they have to be here? Of everywhere to go around here they decide to turn up at this beach? An hour from our school and town? Is that just a coincidence?

"Let me talk to them a minute ok?" I ask softly and she nods, "I'll get my bag and head to the toilets, meet you... in the shop?" She offers in a light tone.

I think over our options....
I nod reluctantly to her plan.

I don't want to leave her alone. We had already agreed we'd buy some clean clothes from the few shops here, as we're soaking wet from the swim. However, I need to talk to Danielle.

My Bella squeezes my hand, I squeeze back with a tight smile and she lets it go as she steps away.

I watch my girl walk past the group of guys and girls, some oblivious, some watch her, some are watching me as I walk closer.

"Alright Ryder," I nod up to Fred.

"JONESY!" I smile tightly to Sam.

"Hey Ryder," I nod my smile to Dahlia.

"Ryder! Fancy seeing you here." Danielle, I give her a narrowed looking.

"This a coincidence guys?" I ask them all, then look to their leader, Danielle.

"Not happy to see us mate?" One of the guys asks.

"Whats going on Dani?" I ask in a quieter, more serious tone. Enough bullshit.

"Nothing," she smirks with her arms folded.

I cock my head. "Bull."

She looks to her friends and walks off over to the railings, I follow.