two

━━━❃━━━

━━━━━━

ALINA AND NOVA SAT IN THE CARRIAGE THAT held many cartographers, the blonde's head was on her friend's shoulder and she watched her Alina sketch out on a map fixing any mistakes.

"Alina, how can you do that in here?" Alexei Stepanov questions with an amused smile.

"Bumps help the texture." Nova laughs, Alina was always the same when they were little. She had to be moving around to draw, she just couldn't sit and stay focused

"The fold looks different on mine, maybe I need to get a betters view from your country." A boy across from both girls sneered. The blonde gasps quietly and glares at him.

An older male slapped him on the head, "she grew up here. Come on!"

Then another older male speaks. "The Shu Han didn't want her either."

"Be quiet the lot of you!" Nova snapped, she didn't yell or normally tell people off, but if anything nasty was said against Alina, she will have something to say.

"Cartographers, listen up." A woman pulls the drape over and looks at them all, "We're almost there. Pack up and be ready to leave, and if you lose anything, you will not be getting a replacement."

Everyone made sure they had everything, Nova put her hand into Alina's and they both smile at each other, ready to get out as soon as this rocky carriage stops. There was a loud noise that sounded like a roar, horses whined and as did the smaller girl, she closed herself into Alina's side. The half-Shu girl whispers sweet nothings and places her hand onto the other girl's head, giving her the comfort she yearned for.

The two girls both got out walking side by side of each other, walking forward and pass the horses, and staring at the fold that was right next to them. Nova's hairs on the back of her neck stood up as she faced it, something called towards her, but ignored it and gripped Alina's hand tighter, before staring forward at the camp.

"We are never going to see it go away." Alexei spoke again, "this abomination is here forever."

"You don't go to church." Another blonde girl who was taller spoke up. "Two saints who can summon the sun and moon will destroy it."

Nova gulps, she makes eye contact with Alina. She has dreams about the moon and sometimes glows whenever there is a full moon and it hurts her, but she couldn't actually be a summoner right? That was not possible.

"I'd like to see even one person who isn't scared of that." A man says.

The same women spoke again, "I bet I know someone."