six

━━━❃━━━

━━━━━━

AFTER WHAT FELT LIKE FOREVER OF TRAVELLING WITH GENERAL KIRIGAN AND ALINA, Nova was growing a little tired. She wasn't expecting it, finding out she's a moon summoner, then attacked by Drüskelle. Everything was too much for her to handle, she felt her eyes droop slightly, feeling a slight weight of the General leaning over her.

Alina's horse was riding besides them, Nova suddenly felt a little nauseous, "c-could we stop?"

Kirigan stares down at the small girl in his arms, "why?"

Nova turns her head towards him, "I think – I think I'm going to be sick."

The blonde could hear the man behind her sigh, but watches as he motions to Alina that they were going to turn in to take a breather. Nova felt thankful, her hazel eyes watered slightly as they began to stop near a fallen branch, she couldn't help but look to Alina who's horse had stopped running but still gave a little trot.

Alina had eventually gotten off of her horse and bent down slightly, Nova could see that she also needed this break. She could feel the man behind her get off before offering his hand to her, their eyes met, his eyes softened slightly, but he was still on high alert. She took his hand and swayed as her feet reached the ground, she and Alina hugged it out, they were okay.

As both girls started to come back from their haze, they both grunt and pant as they get off up off the grass. The blonde saw that the man in black had tied both horses up before turning to them, he pushes his cape away gently and stares at both of them with something. She didn't know what, but whatever it was it made her a little uncomfortable.

Once, he started to walk forward Alina staggers and pushes the smaller girl behind her, but be held out two cloths. "For both of your faces."

Alina practically snatched the black cloths and handed one of them to Nova who smiled weakly at him, she rubbed the almost dried blood from her face and let her hands scrunch the fabric, it was soft, silky even, she glances up to see him eyeing the both up and down before walking back to his horse.

"What happened back there?" Asked Alina.

"Drüskelle." He answers turning his body to them, Nova felt a little better, but she still clutched onto the half-Shu girl as if she were her lifeline. "Elite members of the Fjerdan military, trained to infiltrate deep behind our lines, and kill or kidnap Grisha."

"I meant how you sliced two of them in half from a dozen paces." Nova stares at him in wonder, he cut them in half by using his shadows? She thought he had used a weapon.