Chapter 29

Sarah' P.O.V

         I haven't talk to Stephanie in awhile and wasn't planning on it. I knew I was curious to figure out the reason for my mothers death, but I couldn't face the reality of discovering that after all these years she's actually gone. Its around eight in the morning I was heading over to my mother's grave stone, as I left Isisah at the house still asleep. Is it wrong that I didn't want him to come? Nah. I needed to be alone. I stand face front toward the grave yard, inhaling and got my feet to actually move. Once I enter and searched for her grave stone I stood in front of it. I sat on my knees and cleaned away the old leaves and dirt away.

              "I'm so sorry Sarah." I turn around and see Stephanie standing behind me a couple feet away with roses in her hands. I roll my eyes and turn back around. I hear her presence closer as she crunched leaves with her feet.

            "How are you feeling?" she asked, I just rolled my eyes and shook my head."I know dumb question." she said.

            "It doesn't matter it's over. I can't bring her back." I said, looking at her. She looked at me in grief and guilt, but she had no idea what I was suffering. I got off the ground and stood facing her she looked down at the ground.

            "How did she die?" I asked, she looked at me. Stephanie walked over to a bench and sat with me following close behind and sitting a few feet away from her.

             "Yout mom wasn't well Sarah, she was dieing. You didn't know that and neither did I. I found out a week or two before she died in the stack of paper that was scattered everywhere. Once I confronted her over the news I found, she freaked out. She didn't want no one to know especially you, honey, to know. So she ran away when police found her she had killed herself.", I shook my head in disbelief. I didn't believe my mother could do that. No, she couldn't have, but Stephanie's expression gave me no reason to not believe her. Once she left me alone I laid in the grass beside my mother's grave stone. As I close my eyes to avoid the light I was beginning to feel sleepy and decided I should leave, Isaiah was probably getting worried. When I was leaving I caught Stephanie and some man talking, they looked very suspicious. I decided to hide and try and listen in on their conversation. Crossing the street I  kneeled behind a car watching them.

              "I did what you ask me to do." Stephanie said, the man nods taking out a stack of money out. He took a hand full out and handed over to Stephanie, she eagerly to took the money and walked away. Then suddenly the man took out a gun and pointed to the back of Stephanie's head. I suddenly jump out.

             "Stephanie! Watch out!" I yelled and suddenly as Stephanie turns around the man pulls the  trigger and she falls to the floor lifeless, I covered my mouth in  shock. The man looks at me and smirks. Then you can hear sirens far out and he must have panicked because he began to run off.

             When the poilce arrived they had a few questions and I  could barely answer any of them. Once they finally finished I was free to go, they gave a card incase I had any more questions. Once I had gotten to my front door ready to put the key in the doorknob when the door was flung open.

             "Where were you!? I was worried sick about you! Did you hear what happen to step-" He was bambling, I was in no mood to hear him talk. "Isaiah relax I'm fine." I said, pushing him aside so I can enter. He shuts the door and then follows me behind as I throw myself on the couch.

              "Are you okay?" he asked sitting beside me, I look at him and interwine ours hand and lay my head on his chest.

             "I'm okay, I just wanted to be alone." I said, as I sit up. He put his hand on my back and rubbed it. Isaiah always knew when something was bothering or was stressing me out. This on the other hand was different. Neither him nor I could explain. My head began to hurt and my stomach felt like it was doing a double back flip. I stood up and began walking when I started to see blurry.

             "Isaiah?" I said as I slightly lose my balance and fell. I could hear Isaiah screaming my name, but I slowly fainted.

Authors note:

Well guys story is coming to an end sorry I've made it short trying to keep in touch though so be patient.