Marriage Day 1

It was hot outside. The sun scorching the tarmac road created the smell of melting rubber that drifted through the open windows in the storage room of Walmart. The lights of the early morning pierced through the crack between my eyelids, causing me to roll over onto my side and fall out of bed.
"Fudging fudgery why do I have to be so clumsy..." I mumbled to myself, making sure not to swear in front of Millie. Groaning, I wandered out of the storage room and roamed the aisles in search of some kind of breakfast. I didn't know my way around it as I stumbled around in my clumsy, worn out state and found myself in the clothing section.
"She'll look wonderful in this mum!" I heard a small voice speak in an excited manner.
"Oh yes she would wouldn't she! But what about this one? It's cream, it's floaty and it would go perfect with these brown sandal flip flop things. Plus they have it in her size!" A more mature voice now. They both seemed so excited. I began to creep down the aisles towards the voices until I found them. Griffon and Millie were looking through summer dresses and summer shoes, studying them and matching them up.
"Oh. Lauren." Griffon looked incredibly surprised, holding the dress she had in hand behind her back. The dress was beautiful. It had a sweetheart neckline with lace straps that went over the shoulders, covering the top half of the back and the area just above the chest. To separate the top half of the dress from the bottom, an ivory ribbon was wrapped around the waist. The skirt was in layers, each layer longer than the other with a sideways high low style directed to the right (if you want to see the dress I'm talking about the here you go http://www.ubioda.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Short-Cream-Lace-Dress.jpg).
"It's beautiful. It would really suit you Griffon!" I tried to make myself sound enthusiastic even though I loved that dress. I wanted it but there was only one left.
"Oh you were meant to see it when everyone got up...it's for you Lauren. It's for your wedding." Griffon gave me a wide grin before removing the dress from behind her back.
"Griffon it's," I started and ran to hug her.
"It's wonderful. I love it! I have to try it on before Ryan gets up. You two are coming with me." I boop Millie on the nose and she giggles
"I almost forgot something!" I turn back on my heels and the two of them look at me confused.
"Will you two be my bridesmaids?" I grin at them. I was hoping that Lindsay and Meg would still be alive and that we'd go back home and I'd have those two, Caiti and Arryn as my bridesmaids. But I guess that can't happen anymore. Millie's eyes brightened up and she ran towards me, wrapping herself around my waist and causing me to fall over. We lay on the floor, Griffon giggling at us, for a few minutes before we started to hear stumbling and frustrated whispers from just down the hall. Hanging up my dress I started strolling towards the groggy murmurs to find Ray tangled up in a tie. He had suit trousers and a shirt and waistcoat on. He stared at me with wide eyes before sighing.
"Help me?" He mumbled as I raised an eyebrow at him. I couldn't hold back the laughter as I assisted him and taught him how to tie a tie. I furrowed my eyebrows a little as I began to think about something. My father wasn't here to walk me down the aisle...he was gone. I couldn't even ask Ryan's father to do the job even though that would be highly illogical. I looked up at Ray as I finished the final knot.
"What's up?" He asked me, a look of confusion plastered on his face. I thought about what I was going to say for a minute before I blurted out my next few words.
"Ray...will you walk me down the aisle?"

*an hour later*
It had been a whole hour since I put on this dress. An hour. 60 whole minutes and still I refused to take it off. It was perfect. The shape, the colours, the way the light bounced off the ribbon. I just didn't want this moment to end. Someone knocked on the door.
"It's almost time." A male voice travelled through the room. I quickly checked myself in the mirror, making sure the two curls that fell out of my bun and at the side of my face were perfectly placed and not frizzing all over the place. Making sure that the fake white rose was adjusted at just the right angle so it wouldn't fall out during the wedding. My sandals were on and comfortable. I placed my hand of the warm door knob and my breathing increased with every twist. Ray's eyes almost bulged out of his head as he looked my up and down.
"Wow...you look..." He struggled to finish off his sentence as a smile started to play on his lips.
"Stunning. Ryan is a fucking lucky guy I'm telling you that." He smirked at me before coming to my side and holding his arm out for me to hold on to.
"Time to go mi'lady." Ray tried to sound posh.
"Why thank you kind sir." I responded in a posh British accent, picking up my bouquet of fake flowers. All the real ones had begun to die by now, much like half the population on Austin. Griffon and Millie revealed themselves from the other fitting rooms in their simple lilac lace dresses. They were similar to mine but much more simplified. Millie stared at me in awe whilst muttered things like "that looks amazing" and "so beautiful". Griffon just giggled at Millie before looking at me and saying,
"You look absolutely breathtaking hunny. It's time."

I hopped into the back of the truck with Ray and stood up, throwing my arms out to my sides, allowing the wind to whip past my ears and twirl it's way around my body. Like that bit in the Perks of Being a Wallflower. I felt ecstatic. My blood filling every section of my body with pure ecstasy and excitement. I occasionally caught Ray staring at me with a stupid grin on his face, giggling at me and mimicking me just to take the piss in which I'd respond with a childish punch on the arm. The car ceased to a halt, indicating that we'd arrived at the destination. We were in the middle of a road that stretched far down both ways. Cherry blossom trees marked every inch of the pavement on either side, a few buds occasionally drifting off the branches and finding their way into my hair. But I didn't care. The view was breath taking. I couldn't believe it's pure beauty, the pink flowers filling my vision. I heard someone whisper beside me and tap my shoulder but my mind seemed to refuse to acknowledge it, so captivated by the view. But that moment was over soon enough when Ray stood in front of me, obscuring my vision.
"Ready?" He questioned. Taking a deep breath in, I prepared myself for what was to come next.
"As I'll ever be." I responded with a wink and a smirk. I snaked my arm around his, picking up my bouquet and flattening out any creases in my dress. Griffon and Millie began walking slowly around the car, Millie dropping little handfuls of confetti as she went. Those silly bastards waiting for me to walk to Ryan started humming the bridal march causing me to burst into laughter before I'd even got around the car. But when I saw Ryan it really hit me. I was getting married to the sweetest, most caring and dare I say the most handsome man if ever met in my entire life. But we were getting married in an apocalypse that I'd completely forgotten about in the heat of the moment. Tears pricked my eyes and I let out a bit of a giggle as I saw Ryan's dumbass mesmerised face when I was revealed from behind the car. I watched as a few of the boys shed a few tears as I made my way past them, giving then a small smile. Before I knew it I was there, ring on finger and vows exchanged with the priest (well by priest I mean Miles who just made up a bunch of bullcrap as he had no idea what he was saying.). My arms swung around Ryan's neck as I pulled his lips against mine for our first kiss as a proper couple.
"Someone's getting saucy already." Ryan commented into the kiss.
"Don't get too excited there big boy." I joked pulling away from the kiss and gently pushing him away by the chest before pulling him back in by the tie for another kiss. This moment would've been perfect. Would've. If they hadn't decided to make an appearance.