1: What If...?

Dead. Everyone I care about and love dead before my eyes. Everyone except him. The love of my life, my world had vanished from this gory scene long ago.

Strolling through the crimson pool of thick and sticky blood, I stared at the faces of those I lost. Gavin with Meg, Ray with Tina, Michael and Lindsay, gone. Their lifeless eyes gazed deep into my soul.
Then I heard it. This awful noise similar to that of nail scraping down a blackboard was emitted from somewhere in the dark space in front of me. Slowly raising my head to discover where this sound was coming from, my eyes fell upon a figure, tall and broad. Ryan. He was alive, unlike the others and seemed well but I could only truly feel the relief I was searching for when I could see his face. So defined and flawless. Craving the sensation of his lips on mine I ran forward and grasped his arm to turn him around and fall into his embrace. But when my hand fell into his I realised he was far from alive. He was freezing to the touch, his skin pale and covered in scratches and vile murky green veins.
I let go instantly knowing that something was seriously wrong here. Gasping for air, I watched as the man I once knew to be my boyfriend cocked his head to the side and turned to face me. It was horrifying. I couldn't breath. My lungs screamed out for air as I struggled to move my bodies. I was paralysed. I had no one. My mind was screaming at me to run but my body denied every impulse. So I stood there, awaiting my inevitable death. I listened to each and every step come towards me. One. Two. Three...his breath was putrid on my skin.
'Any minute now,' I thought to myself. This was it. It would all be over in a minute and I wouldn't have to be alone. But I had to say goodbye to him...even if he couldn't hear me...
"I don't think you can hear me Ryan...well I kinda know you can't. I mean you're a zombie for gods sake. You're whole body is shut down and you're run on the bare impulse to eat people...but anyway. I just want you to know that..." And single tear ran down my face. A tear that carried memories, good and bad, of their life together.
"I love-*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

Jolting up from my side of the bed, I wiped the beads of sweat from my face and held my head in my hands.
"Just another dream." I whispered.
"Would you mind hitting the snooze babe?" That oh so familiar and musky voice came from beside me. I breathed a sigh of relief before tapping the top of our black alarm clock. 7:30am. Time to start the day.
"Are you alright, Lauren?" Ryan asked anxiously with concern written all over his face.
"Yeah...yeah just a bad dream." Little did I know that it was more than just a dream.

A/N:
Hey guys!! So this is my first story ever. I'd been contemplating about doing this but didn't know whether to do it. So I decided why not do the first chapter and see what y'all think. So let me know whether to continue or not! ^_^ lots of love, Lauren the author and cray cray chick <3