True Enemy

As I made my way out of the Cult and to Asakusa, I told myself I'd buy some jewelry to keep Douma out of the know about my true intentions for my quest that night. I honestly didn't know how to find Tamayo, but my instincts told me that more than likely, she was disguising her appearance and her clinic.

The city itself was much smaller than the Red Light District, and only a few people walked the street at night, making the noises of the moonlight radiate throughout the city.

The town reminded me of home, putting me in a good mood for the evening as I made my way into the small antique store before it closed.

I looked through the ornate gems and delicate chains and picked a couple of out, choosing the ones I know Douma would like most on me. I picked out a ring for him that I hoped he'd like and wear, since he didn't use much jewelry himself.

I thought back to my breakdown after fighting Akaza. How a moment of weakness clouded my intentions of never giving up on Douma. I promised myself I'd never let that happen again. It was he and I, together for the rest of our lives. That's when I thought about the ring. He and I didn't exchange rings when we got married, which was fine since it's not like anything about our relationship was normal, but as I fiddled with it, I figured it'd be a nice, sentimental gift for him. One that would solidify our promise to each other even more.

I paid the clerk and walked out, my mind clear from thought of anything except Tamayo. I had to figure out how to break the curse that Muzan had over Douma.

As I walked through the small town, lights inside of residences and stores began to go off as the moon traveled overhead. While I tried to ignore it, I could help but feel as if I was being watched. Instead of getting worried, I was irritated, because I could never go anywhere without someone spying on me.

That's when I caught a whiff of a familiar smell, the smell of someone covering up a demonic scent. My guess, is that even someone as powerful as Douma wouldn't be able to notice it.

I followed it as best as I could, even losing track of the scent a couple of times. But eventually, I came upon an old building, hidden by lush trees. I knew it was the origin of the scent, so I made my way in, and hoped for the best.

"Lady Tamayo?" I yelled, hopeful for an answer.

Before I could call out again, the young, minty haired boy rushed out, blocking the way of my path, as if he didn't want me to go any further. The look on his face said it all: I wasn't welcome.

"What are you doing here?" He said with an annoyed tone. 

"I'm here to speak to Lady Tamayo, please." I told him, unable to remember his name.

"What makes you think you're worthy of speaking to the beautiful Lady Tama-" He began, getting cut off by a voice in another room.

"Yushiro! Enough! Be kind to our guest!" The voice of Tamayo said, followed by her coming into my line of view.

"Yes of course! Anything for you, Lady Tamayo!" He said, stepping back so that she could stand in front of me.

"(Y/N), I'm so glad to see you!" She said, taking my hands in hers.

"Have you considered my offer?" She asked, her tone of voice not changing, yet I could feel she was hopeful.

I took a moment to respond, averting my eyes from hers, slightly dismayed to make her upset.

"Yes I have, but that's not why I'm here..."

She didn't saying anything, but she seemed to relax when she realized I didn't want to be human there and now. She probably wasn't even ready for that.