Some Things are Better Left Unsaid

Thanks to Kokushibo, I now had an idea on how Douma could combat Muzan and his curse. It surprised me how easy it was for the Upper Moons to suppress Muzan, but considering how strong each of them was, I knew it had to be possible.

Although, I really didn't know how to bring it up without being suspicious. My mind thought it over as I made my journey back to the cult.

Once I arrived, I crept into the main worship room, to see how the induction ceremony was going. There were small bunches of people having conversations with one another and a larger crowd surrounding Douma as he spoke.

I walked over to him, greeting some of the new members along the way.

"My Queen!" He said as I stood right next to him. He wrapped his muscular arm around me, squishing me into his body while he continued to speak to everyone.

Little ideas swam in my mind of how I could address Kokushibo's findings with Douma, but the best one I could think of was the one I chose to pursue.

After the members of the cult cleared out of the room, Douma escorted me back to our bedroom, rambling on about his night.

"There are a lot of new members!" He said excited as he devilishly ran his hands together. "How was your night?" He asked. "No trouble?"

My mind flashed to the jewelry store, then to Tamayo, then finally to Kokushibo. So much had happened in such a short night, and I didn't know what I should or shouldn't tell him.

"It was great! I got you some things!" I said, smiling at him as he entered our room. I had set the little pouch I put our rings in on the desk in our room, out of Douma's sight, so that if he walked into the room earlier without me, he wouldn't have notice it. I picked it up, softly hearing the two metal rings ding against one another.

Douma sat on the edge of the bed, swiftly removing his turtleneck, leaving himself shirtless, his snow white skin glistening in the low light of the room. I walked over and sat down right next to him, as he watched me fiddle with the bad as I pulled it open. I reached for the thicker ring, knowing that one was his, and pulled it out.

"This is for you..." I said under my breath, grabbing his left hand and nervously reaching to place it on his finger, scared it wouldn't fit.

The ring glided over his slender fingers as I gently pushed it past his second knuckle, resting at the base of his finger perfectly. I looked up at him, a smile forming on the right side of his face. He looked down at his hand, examining the ornate design carved into the metal.

"Do you like it?" I asked.

"Of course I do, it's amazing. Thank you, (Y/N)!" He said as he softly planted a kiss on my lips.

"I got one for myself too..." I said, as I pulled the other ring out to show him. He took it from my hands and grabbed my left arm, doing the same I did to him. The ring fit me perfectly since I had already tried it on at the antique shop, and the metal design matched his identically.

"Isn't this sweet..." He said, wrapping his arms around me, leaning himself back onto the bed as my body followed, eventually landing on his toned chest. He kissed me passionately as he grip on me intensified, gently tugging at my clothes as if they were a nuisance.

"Hey, Douma..." I said, muffled between his lips. I gently pulled away as his eyes opened, his cheeks rosy from the heat of the moment.

"I've been meaning to ask you something..."

"Sure, what is it?" He asked.

"Does Muzan...watch us when we have sex with each other...?

Douma laughed outloud at my question, forcing a smile to break my stoic stature.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to laugh, darling...But no, I shut him out. I have the power to do it."

"Interesting..." I said as I hopped on top of him, his hands immediately gripped my hips as I straddled his.

I leaned over him, close enough to where I could whisper into his ear.

"Is he listening to us now...?" I said, trying to sound sexy.

"Hell no." Douma said in a raspy voice that always turned me on.

Bingo.

"Douma we need to talk, keep Muzan turned off!"

"Huh?" He said in confusion.

"Muzan, you need to keep him turned off for the time being, okay?"

"Wait we aren't having sex?" He asked as I climbed off of him, realizing my plan was working. There's no way Muzan would want to see Douma and I fucking all the time, so I knew he would force Muzan out, probably at his request since Douma has no shame in his game.

"We can later, Douma, this is important." I said as I began to pace, trying to form the right words.

"Darling what is it? You're worrying me." He said grabbing my hand and pulling me into him.

My eyes began to water from relief and fear as I took a deep breath, trying to shove the tears away.

"After I ran into Akaza, I ran out of time before I could find shelter from the sun. I thought I was going to burn, but when the hot rays hit me, nothing happened. All I felt, was warmth..."

"I couldn't tell him that I tried to take my life, so I made something up to spare his feelings...that's a secret I knew I'd have to keep forever." I thought to myself.

"And I waited to tell you, because I didn't know if Muzan would find out through you or not..."

Douma's eyes about popped out of his head. Never had I seen him so scared and lost for words. But instantly, his face changed, softly smiling and tilting his head.

"It's okay, darling! No one will find out!" He reassured me, but his confidence upset me.

"I'm your wife, Douma. Stop hiding your feelings from me." I told him as I pulled my hands from his grip.

"This is serious! If Muzan finds out or gives up waiting it's over for you and I! He'll take me away..." I yelled, tears falling from my eyes as I finished speaking.

Douma let his facade fall as his head dropped into his hands as he rubbed his face in frustration. He stood up from the bed, towering over me, his face expressionless.

He took me in his arms and pulled me into his chest, "No one is going to take you away, we'll figure something out." He said quietly.

He pulled away and bent down to where his eyes were level with mine and took my cheeks in his hands, wiping away the tears that stained my face.

"I'm sorry. Hiding my feelings is just a habit. I don't want you to see me scared, but the truth is I am. I don't know why this is happening."

His words triggered even more tears. They uncontrollably fell as I forced myself into his arms again, his body rigid and tense from the emotion.

"I want to be human, with Douma...It has to be the only way." I thought as I squeezed my eyes, trying to get the tears to stop.

"But will he turn back into a human...for me?" The answer to that question haunted me as we stood their in silence, both wondering what we should do next.

sorry for making y'all wait so long for the next chapter! life's been a little busy! hope you guys enjoyed! new chapter will be out sooner this time! :)