Chapter 19 - Home

[TJ's POV]

It was soon the end of tour and me, Georgette, and Celeste were on our way home.

Celeste was pretty excited, even though we need to start to work on her bedroom. So far I had a friend add a child's bed and small vanity set with drawers in the guest room of our apartment. I also had another friend leave a little surprise in her room.

We're living in an apartment for another 2 weeks since the house we bought is still under some renovation. That's why we can't really unpack so much.

The house is really good, though. Cool house in San Diego, has big backyard, like 3 or 4 bedrooms, a big kitchen, it is amazing.

It didn't take long to park in front of the apartment and go up the elevator.

"CJ, you ready?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said as she reached for the doorknob, but she got her mother's shortness, so she barely touched it.

I laughed as I unlocked the door and lifted her up so she turned the knob and we walked in.

"Wow," she said, seeing her new home.

"There's a little surprise for you in your new room. A bit of a late bithday presetn me and your dad," Georgette smiled.

"Which one is my room?" she asked, pointing at the doors in the hal.

"Right there," I said, pointing at the last door.

She ran over and opened it and she gasped as her surprise emerged excitedly from her room.

"A PUPPY!!" she said happily and picked it up and hugged him.

"You can name him whatever you want," Georgette said as we walked over and kneeled next to her.

"Happy birthday sweetheart," I said.

"Thank you so much!!" she said hugging me and then Georgette, not wanting to let go of her puppy. "What should I name you?"

She was quiet as she thought and then she looked at us.

"Pickles!!" she said happily.

Georgette laughed a bit, as I chuckled.

"Defenitly you," she laughed.

"This coming from the one who named her first cat Piggy," I laughed.

'He looked like a pig!" she laughed as we got up and CJ went into the living room to play with Pickles.

We then started on dinner, which involved steak tonight.

Chris told me that CJ unfortunatly developed Farren's severe seafood allergy, so sushi is going to have to go down a notch now. With Farren, her airways swelled a she would enter into some anaphylaxis shock, nearly killing her.

Sad enough, CJ is the same thing.

Nobody realized it until they all went out to Red Lobster one night for Farren's birthday a long time ago and CJ ate some fish sticks. Poor CJ. At least she was okay.

We cooked some steak and salad and rice with veggies and started to eat once it was all set, Pickles eating his puppy food next to Celeste.

"So, what should we do tomorrow?" Georgette asked.

I shrugged and looked at Celeste. "Any ideas, kiddo?"

She thought about it, but then shook her head. "Nope, nothing."

"Hmm.. Well... how about DisneyLand?" Georgette asked.

"I guess. CJ, ever been to DianeyLand?" I asked.

She shook her head as she ate her veggies.

My eyes widen."You're kidding."

Knowing Devin and Kylie, they would have taken her, and Farren and her have toured with MIW a few times to Cali and Florida according to Chris, so this was weird.

"Nope," she said.

"How come?" Georgette asked curiously.

"Uncle Chris and everyone else was also so busy withe shows and Mommy had to work, too," she said. "So I just went to any park or got ice cream with the stage helpers. And when we visit, it was always raining, and Mommy always got sick when it rained."

That's sad, how she's never been to DisneyLand or Disney World.

"Well, how about we go there? This weekend?" I smiled.

"Really?!" she asked excitedly.

"Yeah, of course. Almost every kid deserves to see a Disney theme park," Georgette smiled.

"Pickles can't come to the parks, sadly, but he'll stay with Uncle Craig while we're gone if its okay with you," i smiled.

"Aww. Okay," she said.

We continued eating and I couldn't help but smile.

It felt good... Having a family...

I had good hopes and felt happier than before.

Despite the heavy loss, I'm glad CJ is in my life.

I'm determined to make her life a great one, and to make her proud and happy.

Once dinner was done, we all watched some movies while eating ice cream and soon CJ was fast asleep, Pickles already done marking his territory outside in the yard.

I scooped up CJ and Georgette gently took off her shoes and shorts, leaving her in her tshirts and leggings so she can sleep comfy, then tucked her in, Pickles curling up next to her.

I kissed her head and smiled.

"God night, baby girl," I said as then Georgette kissed her tonight and we pet Pickles before heading to bed ourselves.

Soon we were changed and fast asleep in bed.

Its good to be home now.

~~~

Picture: CJ's new puppy, Pickles :)