Chapter 17 - Last Day In Scranton

[TJ's POV]

"So, where are we going?" CJ asked as Georgette did her hair.

Today was our last day in Scanton and tomorrow we continue tour for another week before flying back to Los Angeles.

"We're going to see your Mommy before we shop for some things, then go meet Grandma and Grandpa for dinner," I said, pulling on a tshirt.

"NO!!!!" She screamed all of a sudden and scared us. I turned and saw her looking scared and clinging to Georgette.

"Baby what's wrong?" Georgette asked, confused.

"Please don't let me see those people. They hurt Ghostie and almost hit me and Aunt Kylie and the lady was ugly and mean!!" She cried.

I looked at her confused before I realized what she was talking about.

She thought meant Farren's parents.

"Ooooohhh," I said in realization and knelt down to her level. "CJ, look at me."

She looked up.

"I will NEVER let you near those people again. I didn't mean your mother's parents . I meant my parents. They are nice people and really want to meet you," I said.

"Promise they won't hit me or are mean?" She asked.

"I swear. They're going to love you," I said.

She was quiet before she nodded.

I smiled and kissed her forehead. "You never have to see those mean people again. Okay?"

She smiled and nodded.

"Good. Now, sit so Georgette can finish your hair," I said.

"Okay," she said.

I smiled before I got up and grabbed my jacket and a hat and scarf before heading downstairs.

Soon we were all ready, Celeste in a jacket and beanie, a single braid poking from the side of her head, and we all left, first going to buy some flowers on the way.

"You gonna be okay?" Georgette asked.

I looked over as Celeste was with Ricky laughing at a movie he played on his phone.

I sighed and forced a smile. "I'm sure," I said.

***

"There," I said to Celeste as I pointed to the headstone.

She looked a little nervous as she held a lily in her hand.

"Its okay," I said, giving her and encouraging smile as I put her down.

She meekly walks over to the headstone.

"Hi, Mommy," she said. "Its me, Celeste."

I smiled as we all watched, holding some flowers. Ricky was trying not to cry. It was still a little hard on him, but he's managing.

"Daddy is taking care of me, and so is Georgette, but I still miss you," she said, looking a little sad.

I knelt down and smiled as I rubbed her back.

"Its okay, bud," I smiled.

She nodded before placing the flower down next to the headstone. "I love you, Mommy."

She then walked over to Chris  who decided to as I looked at the headstone.

"Hey," I said, forcing. "Its been hard the first few days, but, we're managing."