Chapter 7 - Meeting Everyone

[TJ's POV]

The next morning we work up to find that Craig and the guys arrived this morning, so I went to pick them up and later go to Ricky's place to see how Farren was doing.

They called a few days before saying they wanted to visit, and the guts were fine with them sleep over.

Once we saw them I walked up and greeted them with Georgette.

"Great to see you guys again," I said.

"You too, man. So what's been going on??" Kevin asked.

"We'll explain on the way," Georgette said as we all headed to out the airport.

***

"Wait, so, you're a father?" Robert asked.

"Yep. I don't need a paternity test or anything to prove it, because even the guys confirmed it, and its totally obvious she's mine, and Farren never had sex with anyone else," I said.

"And the mother of the kid has cancer?" Craig asked.

"Yes," Georgette said sadly. "She doesn't have much time left."

"I saw it myself, guys. She's dying, and not peacefully," I said in a breaking voice, Georgette clutching my hand.

"And you're going to raise the kid now?" Kevin asked.

"Its my responsibility, guys. If I don't, Celeste will end up in a foster home, and not even I want that," I said. "Right now we're going to see how Farren's doing."

"Well, so much for saying 'Daddy likes to party,' huh?" Robert asked.

Kevin and Craig snickered as Georgette scolded at them, but I couldn't help but laugh.

"Actually that cheered me up a bit," I admitted. "I needed that. Thanks guys."

"Anytime, man. Look, you're taking a big step here, and we're proud of you, man. We're here to help whenever you need it, especially me, who has two kids back home," Craig said.

"Thanks. 'Cause I'm gonna need a lot of help on being a dad," I said. "All I know is I'm not going to be sleeping easy once she discovers boys."

They nodded in agreement, Georgette giggling quietly at that comment as we pulled up to Ricky's apartment.

I knocked on the door and Ricky answered the door.

"Oh, hey guys," he said.

"Sup, Ricky," Craig said.

"We came to see how Farren was doing," I said.

"Ohh," he said. "Ummm..."

"Ricky? Who's at the door??" a voice said.

I looked and saw Farren's face, a beanie on her... head?? But as soon as she saw me she backed away into the hallway.

"Farren?!" I asked as I ran inside, everyone following me.

I followed her to her room, knocking the door.

"Farren, what's wrong, are you okay??" I asked.

"Go away, TJ! I don't want you or you guys to see me like this!" she sobbed from the other side of the door.

"Why not??" I asked, looking at Ricky with a questioning look.

"I look awful, and hideous!!" she sobbed.

"Farren, that's not true!" Ricky said.

"Yes it it!!" Farren cried.

"Farren, no its not. Please, believe me, no matter what, you're always going to be beautiful," I said.