Chapter 23 - Guilt

[Georgette's POV]

She had gone into shock in the ambulance, and the paramedics rushed her in immediately once we arrived.

"TJ, you need to relax, she's going to be alright," Craig said to him as he cried.

"I CAN'T CALM DOWN!!! I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE, SHE COULDN'T EVEN BREATHE!!!! SHE ALMOST DIED!!!" He screamed in tears as everyone stared, tears in their eyes and worried looks.

"This isn't your fault, TJ!! This could have happened to anyone!! She's going to be alright!!" Ricky said to him.

TJ just burst into tears as I walked up and held him.

"Stop. She wouldn't want to see you like this," I said to him.

"I-I can't help it. S-She could have died because I was so careless!!! I should have kept her close by!!!" he sobbed. "God I'm such a horrible father..."

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" Chris sneered and was about to charge before Kevin and Balz held him back. "YOU ARE NOT A HORRIBLE FATHER!!! If anything, you're the best thing that's ever happened to that little kid since her mother died!! DON'T YOU EVER FUCKING SAY THAT YOU'RE A HORRIBLE FATHER!!!!"

TJ looked at him with tears before a nurse walked over to us.

"I'm sorry, are you Celeste Bell's family?" she asked.

Me and TJ nodded. "We're her parents. How is she?" I asked.

"She's in stable condition, and we were able to pump the contents from her stomach in time, as well as cure her from the reaction," she said. "She's sleeping right now, probably will for a day or two."

Everyone sighed with relief.

"See, TJ, she's gonna be fine," Kevin said.

"You're very lucky. Any longer, she would have died, Mr. Bell. Don't be so hard on yourself. Its not the first time a parent isn't looking when their kids eat. Just requires some extra caution when their child has an allergy. Especially first time parents," she said consolingly.

He gulped and nodded, trying to calm down.

"Can we see her now?" I asked her.

"Of course. Follow me," she said and lead me and TJ through the pediatric section of the hospital.

We entered the room to hear a heart monitor measuring a soft but steady heart beat.

We looked to see CJ asleep in the hospital bed, an oxygen mask on her face. I was able to see that her lips weren't so swollen anymore, and her breathing was a little slow but alright, though slightly pale.

TJ sat near the edge and held her hand.

"Celeste, I'm so sorry," He mumbled. "I should have been there, then you wouldn't be here."

She didn't wake up, meaning they gave her some anesthetic to keep her stable.

"She's gonna be okay, you'll see," I said.

He nodded. "But I can't stop blaming myself."

"But you're not the only one. I should have been focused to, considering it was mostly for you. If anything, it's my fault." I said.

"But I'm her flesh and blood. I have more responsibility, and I failed her," He said.

I sighed and held him, kissing his head. "Its gonna be okay, TJ. She's going to be alright."

He wiped his eyes a bit before holding my hand. "You're too good to me, you know that?"

I smiled a little and leaned in, kissing his cheek and hugging him tightly.

[TJ's POV]

I can't stop blaming myself about this. If I had just told that reporter to wait a few minutes while Leila and CJ got some food, then this wouldn't have happened.

At least she called an ambulance for us since we were too panicked. I should personally thank her for that.

I held CJ's hand as I tried to calm myself a little more.

Maybe in a way, Chris had a right to try and beat the crap out of me. But I just should have been there, or at least watching.

This is all on me.

Just then the door opened and Robert stepped in.

"Hey, I'm guessing you guys are gonna spend the night, so I'll get you some change of clothes if its okay, and pick up her puppy," he said.

"Yeah, that's fine. Thanks, Robbie," I said.

"No problem. Look, Teej. She's gonna be alright, and one day you'll look back at this like a little scare. Besides, it isn't the first time she ate fish and had an allergic reaction to it," Robert said. "Chris even said it happened once or twice when Farren was around."

I sighed and nodded. "Just guilt, you know."

He patted my back. "Its normal. Look, its gonna be alright. Don't be so hard on yourself."

I nodded before he headed out.

I just hope the doctors are right and she does wake up really soon.

~~~~~~

Picture: Represents how worried everyone was at the hospital.

Please leave votes and comments!! ^.^=