Chapter 9

Authors notes: I apologize it took me so long to get part 9 out. I was on vacation this week after getting part 8 out and with work, I didn't have time to get part 9 out. ALSO! ANOTHER OC AND HER PUPPY WILL BE INTRODUCED IN THIS CHAPTER.

"Y/n?"

Chrollo frowned at the sign of silence throughout the apartment. Odd, she would be running to him by now.

"Yasashi?"

"In the kitchen!"

Chrollo walked over to the kitchen, spotting the Troupe sit around the kitchen table. Plates of breakfast covered the table from the middle of the corners.

"Where's Y/n?"

"Y/n?" Yasashi repeated, turning to face Chrollo. "Is she not awake yet? I knocked on her door to wake her up."

"Have you used En?"

"I can do it," Machi said. "It's the least I can do since you're allowing strangers to stay here."

"Well, technically you and Nobunaga aren't strangers, Machi. I've known you since before the Troupe was even formed."

Machi nodded and a small ripple flushed through the apartment.

"She's not here."

___________

"Shut up!" I hissed, smacking the stupid eagle out of the way. "You're not going to convince me to go back, even if you keep nipping at my heels, dammit!"

Kami squawked and lunged down at me again, beating his wings at my face.

"That's it! Come you here, you stupid bird! I'll break your wings!"

Kami squawked again and flew away causing me to finally sigh.

"About time," I muttered and continued on walking.

I shouldered my bag on my pack and continued to walk away from the hidden apartment.

Yorknew City is in the opposite direction of where I am now. Let's hope I can find some information there before going to find Kurapika blindly.

Why am I going to find him?

Nii-chan, no. Chrollo. Chrollo said he's going to kill Kurapika.

I stopped walking then sighed again.

Love is a complicated emotion, baby spider.

Yeah...it really is, isn't it?

I shook my head then continued on.

Yorknew City, here I come once again.

Shrugging my bag, I pushed forward.

First things first, I need to get a ticket. Get a ticket, get to Yorknew, then start asking around. Maybe some mafia members are still there. Maybe I can ask. No, no. What are the chances of them actually giving me answers? Me, a random girl with no Hunters License? And quite possibly, the mafia might even recognize me and have me captured or killed.

I groaned again.

"Damn this is going to be woozy!"

But either way, I need to stop this somehow.

After some wandering, I reached a small town.

Station, station, station.

Something cold bumped against my shin, causing me to jump.

A dog?

I leaned down to the dog's level.

Fluffy dark brown ears with a small piercing at the bottom corner of its ear, a weird combination of pale blue and green eyes, pink blush on its cheeks? Weird. Don't think I've ever seen a dog like that before. Hmm, dark brown snout, and fluffy white coat for fur. Orange and dark brown circle patterns on the front legs and dark brown paws with a small teal bandana wrapped around its front left leg.

"Gan!"

I snapped out of my thoughts, watching a girl run over to where the pup sat in front of me.

"There you are, buddy! Don't go running off again and bothering people! It's rude."

"I actually didn't mind," I told her, standing up. "Um..who are you?"

The girl looked up and gave me an apologetic smile.

"Oh, right! My name is Jiyu. You?"

"Y/n."

"And this little guy," Jiyu lifted the puppy up. "Is Ganbarou! I call him Gan for short. It's a lot easier, don't you think?"

I hummed in agreement, reaching over to pet Gan's head.

"So, what brings you to the station, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Me? Well, I'm going to Yorknew City."

"Really? Me too!"

Huh. What a coincidence.

"Come on! Let's go together!"

"U-uh, sure."

Jiyu grasped my hand and pulled me towards the ticket stand.

We bought the tickets and boarded the train.

"So why are you going to Yorknew anyways, Y/n?"

Should I tell her?

"W-well, I'm looking for someone."

"Someone?"

"Y-yeah. I haven't seen him in a while and thought I should go see him now."

"Mhm. I see!"

"Why are you going to Yorknew, Jiyu?"

"I'm going to meet my dad and his group! We got word there's a part of a new species in the auction house."

Species?

"Oh! I'm a biologist Hunter! Just like my dad!" Jiyu explained, noticing my confusion. "Ya know, to help my dad out whenever I can!"

She's a Hunter?

This tiny ass girl is a Hunter? She looks like she's ten!

"I may be short but I'm 16! I swear!"

"16?" I repeated, arching a brow at her. "Are you sure you're not 10?"

"Jerk."

I cracked a smile.

"Fine, fine. I believe you."

"You better."

I lightly chuckled and looked out the window.

The scenery started to pass by and I softly sighed.

Yorknew City...here I come.