Chapter 20

NOTES: a new OC will be introduced. HOWEVER. THE NEW OC DOES NOT BELONG TO ME. I WAS GIVEN PERMISSION TO USE HER BY A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE. THAT IS ALL.

"We need to split."

"But we can't! What about-?"

"She's not safe and neither are you. I won't be gone for long, long enough for me to get more people for your protection."

"But-

"Please, trust me."

Trust me.

"Y/n, come back to me. Come back."

The black and white spots started to flicker until I saw a shadow hovering over me. I blinked away the haze, looking up at the eyes of gray.

"N-Nii-chan?"

__________

"A small bump," Kusuri informed Chrollo. "It's nothing serious, just a little tender to the touch. Should heal in a few days."

"What a relief," Chrollo murmured, gently tucking Baby Spider's confused self close to him. "I can't lose her, not again."

Not again.

A dark shadow loomed over the head of the spider as if it would swallow him and Baby Spider whole. Knowing him, who knows how many Nen abilities he's stolen while Baby Spider was away from him. Perhaps he's stolen abilities to help him keep Baby Spider under his thump, maybe he's stolen abilities allowing him to track her.

Either way, it's gotten difficult now.

Kusuri leaned against the island counter, watching the swish of Chrollo's long trenchcoat go around the corner.

- .-. --- ..- -... .-.. . / .- .-.. . .-. - .-.-.-

Trouble alert.

..- -. -.. . .-. ... - --- --- -..

Understood.

Kusuri sighed.

Hideko, I'm counting on you.

________

"Kurapika?"

It has been a little over a week since Y/n had gone missing from the Nostrade family estate. Every resource within Kurapika's grasp is being used, tracking and learning, following and seeking. At this point, Kurapika has gone ragged.

"What."

"I-we may have someone that's willing to help get Y/n back from the Troupe."

Kurapika lifted his head up, gazing at Melody then at the woman behind her.

"This her?"

"Yes, this is Hideko. She said she knows Y/n's father, Eito Arima. She's here for negotiations."

"Negotiations?" Kurapika repeated, arching a brow at Melody then at the woman.

"We both have the same goal," Hideko explained. "We both want Y/n Arima back, safe and sound and away from Chrollo Lucilfer."

Kurapika examined Hideko.

"What are your intentions with her?"

"To keep her safe, of cour-"

"No, what are your intentions with Y/n? Surely saving her isn't just what Arima has in plan for her."

"We have no-"

"Bullshit."

Hideko slammed her hands down on the table with enough force to cause the pen to roll off.

"I am offering you help, Kurapika," Hideko told him. "You need it, you don't have the resources as we do."

"I have enough resources of my own, thank you."

"You're being reckless! The Troupe knows you're hunting them down!"

"And they don't know you aren't?"

"No. They don't."

Kurapika scowled at Hideko.

"If you reconsider our offer, contact us through this," Hideko placed down a crystal on the table. "Until then, goodbye."

Hideko spun on her heels and walked out of the office. Melody moved out of the way, waiting for Hideko to leave before approaching Kurapika.

"Well?"

Kurapika picked up the crystal and examined it.

"Nen. It's made out of Nen. This must mean it's a communicator of some sort."

"And will you contact her?"

"....."

It's true, Kurapika's resources are limited despite his Young Boss title. Not many were eager to work for or with him.

"...maybe."

________

Come back.

Come back.