Chapter 16

"It's alright, Y/n. Go back to sleep."

I blinked the haze away from my eyes and slowly looked up at Kurapika. I don't remember falling asleep nor do I remember getting off of the airship. I leaned against Kurapika's chest again with a soft yawn.

"M'kay."

Kurapika softly smiled and carried me inside the estate.

"Kurapika," Melody said, approaching the young boss. "How did it go? Did you discover anything?"

Kurapika pulled the covers of the bed back and tucked me in.

"No," Kurapika said, stepping out of the bedroom. "She's still hesitant of killing them."

"Well, of course she is," Melody said, following Kurapika. "You forget the Troupe raised her, Kurapika. It's not as easy for her like it is for you."

"She can if she finally accepts they murdered her clan."

"You're not listening," Melody said. "They raised her. They loved her and she loved them. What you are asking from her is near impossible unless you want her to hesitate and potentially risk losing her to them again."

Kurapika came to a stop.

"You love her, don't you?"

Kurapika sighed.

"It's...complicated."

"No, it's not. Even a blind person would be able to tell you still love her."

Kurapika shook his head.

"Y/n told me something. She told me he could possibly have stolen a Nen ability."

"And the ability is?"

Silence.

"To erase memories."

_______

"She could still be hiding in her Panic Room," Yasashi said to Chrollo. "You're worried, you're concern, you want her to come home safe and sound. That's understandable, Chrollo."

"She's been gone for weeks, Yasashi. Weeks."

"And I know she has. The Troupe is going around, looking for her right now. You even pushed back the match between you and Hisoka just to look for her. Hell, even Hisoka offered to look for her to help speed things up."

Yasashi looped an arm around Chrollo's shoulders, pulling him down to her level.

"I'm sure she's fine," Yasashi murmured, gently stroking Chrollo's cheek. "After all, you were the one who raised and trained her."

Chrollo shook his head.

"Would she even use what I taught her?"

Yasashi shrugged.

"Does she know anything else besides what you taught her? No, right?"

"I...suppose."

"And you're the one who's charismatic and smart," Yasashi lightly laughed. "Then again, I guess your worry about Y/n is clouding your thought process."

Chrollo pulled away from Yasashi and she followed him.

"You're also concerned if the chain-user has manipulated her," Yasashi said. "And you have every right to be concerned. But you also have to remember you yourself have manipulated her too. With or without Nen. Y/n was bound to found out about it sooner or later, but she does have a weak resolve. You can easily sway her-"

"I know I can easily win her over, Yasashi," Chrollo cut her off. "It's not swaying her over I'm concerned about. It's about whether or not I can keep her under my thumb long enough for me to keep her still."

Yasashi gently embraced her lover, resting her cheek against his chest.

"Chrollo," Yasashi softly murmured. "I know I'm sounding like I'm contradicting myself. Keep in mind, Y/n's loyalties to the Troupe are strong, however; Y/n's loyalties to the chain-user may be stronger. If it comes to meeting Y/n and the chain-user, she may attack you. What would you do then?"

_________

"Kurapika," I softly laughed.

My back pressed against the brick wall, hands clutching the front and back of Kurapika's suit jacket. His lips brushed against mine again, his hands wandering from my waist and up to my sides.

"What if someone sees?" I asked. "Neon-"

"Neon won't see us. She hardly ever comes back anyway."

His lips brushed against mine again.

It's been a few days since our trip to the Kurta Clan's last location. Since then, Kurapika has been...frantic. Feverish even. It's as if he can't hold himself back anymore. It's not that I'm complaining though. It's...nice. Nice to feel wanted by actual love than manipulation.

I've seen Neon every once in a while. She hardly spares me a glance nor does she attempt to speak to me. I don't mind in the slightest. It just means I won't be spilling the beans to her about Kurapika and me by accident.

"Wanna keep you safe," Kurapika mumbled. "Wanna make sure you're happy again."

"But I am happy," I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. "With you, here at the estate."

"Are you truly happy though?"

Huh?

Kurapika tightened his grip on me.

"Are you really happy with me, Y/n, or do you want something else too?"