Chapter 17

"To be honest," I started. "I am happy. Happy to be here with you, but..."

"But?"

I slowly let go of Kurapika and looked away from him.

"Am I truly happy with you? No. I still want answers, but I don't know how to get them. If I go find him now, the chances of him gaslighting me and manipulating me are high. I don't want that. I want to be freed, Kurapika.

"Freedom. Something I once thought I had as a child. In reality, it was actually just a tactic he had implemented on me. To make sure I don't leave him, leave the Troupe, or disobey him by any means.

"You know better now," Kurapika said, following me through the garden. "We can put a stop to this, Y/n. You and me."

I shook my head.

"I have yet to be able to control myself yet, Kurapika. Just one tick and I can explode like a nuclear missile. I can't take that chance."

"You won't with me by your side."

I came to a stop and turned to face him.

"With you by my side?" I repeated. "Will you even be enough to hold me back?"

"Y/n-"

"You've seen the devastation back at Yorknew before, Kurapika. I destroyed a whole building. What's to say I won't destroy a city, a country?"

Kurapika caught my wrist, pulling me to him.

"Calm down," Kurapika said to me. "Your eyes, they're scarlet now."

Kurapika gently brought my head down to his chest, releasing my wrist to favor my waist instead.

"I'm helping you now, aren't I?"

I nodded.

"Uh-huh."

"Good."

__________

"Hey! Boss!"

Chrollo pulled away from the window, glancing over at Shalnark approaching him.

"Feitan may have figured out where she is!"

May God bless Feitan and his skills.

"Where?"

"The Nostrade Family Estate!"

Of course, of course. She would've gone there for either comfort or information. Both are most likely despite knowing he is the reason why Pakunoda and Uvogin are dead.

Chrollo shook his head.

"How many guards?"

"The estate is your average estate size with a few bodyguards of Neon's lingering about. There's been a few pictures of the estate and some pictures of non-bodyguards. There was a picture of what appeared to be Y/n!"

"Show me."

Chrollo followed Shalnark to where a computer sat. Yasashi sat in front of it, scrolling through the website.

"Feitan's information is pretty accurate so far," Yasashi said, looking over her shoulder to Chrollo. "So? Do we storm the estate?"

"No."

Yasashi frowned.

"No?" She repeated.

"We bring her to us instead. What do you say, Yasashi?"

Yasashi grinned.

"Do you still have something of hers?"

Shorter chapter than usual, but the next is going to be good.