Chapter 24

"Kill your father."

Kill him? How? I don't even know the man! How does he even look like?!

I shook my head and looked out the window with a small scowl. Man, why did this have to happen to me?

I felt a small throb in my head. I rested my forehead against my palm with a groan.

W-what's happening to me?

The throbbing got worse, warm hands gently grabbing mine.

"Hush, Baby Spider."

I whimpered and crawled into Nii-Chan's lap, nuzzling against the warmth of his chest.

"Nii-Chan," I mumbled. "W-what's happening to me?"

"Sh. It's okay, Baby Spider. Don't think too hard on it."

I grumbled and sank further into his warmth.

Don't fall into it.

_______

A rumble caught Yasashi's attention.

"An attack?" Phinks grumbled. "I thought you said we can't be found."

"I did," Yasashi said, glaring at the blond. "Looks like there's a Nen user who can find this or..." Yasashi glanced around, using her En to search throughout the apartment.

"Where's Kusuri?"

Meanwhile...

"Heave! Ho!"

The door broke down and an army flooded inside. From a distance, Kusuri and Hideko watched. Beside them stood Eita.

"Well done," Eita patted Kusuri's back. "Y/n will be back in her hands soon."

Kusuri looked over at Hideko then back at Hideko.

"Sorry, boss," Hideko murmured.

Eita gasped, the front of his shirt splurging with red.

"Now, off to find Y/n and get her out."

_______

"Nii-"

"Stay down, Y/n. We can handle it."

"But I-"

"Stay. Down."

I bit my lower lip, watching the end of Nii-Chan's coat disappear around the corner.

"Stay down my ass," I grumbled, crawling out from my hiding spot.

He's dead.

My head throbbed again causing me to groan.

Hideko had killed him. Run away.

"Run?" I repeated. "Where do I-"

Run to him.

To him.

Run while they are distracted.

My legs started to move as if they have a mind of their own. No, that's not why. It's because she's right. I have to go back.

I remember now.

Nii-Chan took me away from him and kept me away. It's time for me to go back home now.

I stumbled out of the room, ignoring the fighting going on inside of the apartment. I ducked, dodged, and evaded any fights.

"Y/n!" I heard Shalnark calling out. "Get back insi-"

I squeaked and scurried away. I found a window and tugged it open. The drop...I looked back at the fighting. The only way to the front door is closed off by the fighting. Plus, with Feitan and Phinks close by, I have no chance of escaping via the front door.

I took in a deep breath and jumped.

"Y/n!"

________

"Easy, kiddo,"

My eyes slowly peeled open to see a flash of navy blue.

"Easy! Easy!"

Grabbing hold of me, Kusuri kept me close to him.

"Hey! Hey! Hideko! How close are we?"

"Not far. I can see the estate up ahead."

Estate?

I stopped struggling at the word.

"W-what estate?" 

 "The Nostrade Estate, of course."

Nostrade.

The car came to a full stop and Kusuri stepped out.

"Well, Y/n?" He said. "You coming? We already contacted Kurapika and he's already arranged things for your safety."

Stepping out of the car, I followed him and the woman inside the estate.

"Y/n!" I heard a voice. "You're safe!"

Melody.

My lower lip quivered, tears threatening to spill.

"Melody!"

I hugged her as tightly as I could and sobbed.

Melody patted my back with a soft smile.

"There, there, Y/n. You're back home now. Come, let's find Kurapika."

I let Melody guide me through the estate, stopping in front of Kurapika's office door. Melody gestured for me to open it so I did.

"Kurapika."

_________

Months have passed by now. Kurapika had built another estate far away from society but not too far away. Just enough for me to see the city. I didn't mind being this far away, it was nice. He and the others come to visit very often, bearing gifts or news.

"The Troupe has been on a rampage again," Kurapika told me. "Especially Chrollo."

"Is that so?" I asked, lowering the cup of tea. "He hasn't given up yet?" "I'm assuming not. After all, you are the one he wants the most."

A part of me misses Chrollo. He was the one who raised me for most of my life and the Troupe pitched in after it was formed. Then, there's Eita Arima. Kurapika and Melody informed me Eita only wanted to have me saved for the sole purpose of bringing the Kurta clan back. If he wanted it that badly, he could've just left me with Kurapika instead. Either way, I'm back with Kurapika now.

And that's the best thing I can ever wish for.

THE END.