Chapter 48

"Hey Ginny." I walked up to her in the room of Requirement.

"Haley, is everything okay?" She asked, pulling me to the side out of the earshot of everyone else in the room.

"Yeah, I just wanted to see how everyone is. Got anything to report?" I asked her while kind of looking over everyone who was there at the moment.

A lot of them seem to be in pretty rough shape but everyone is at least talking and keeping a high spirit.

"We have been listening to the radio everyday but nothing major has been reported from the order." She explained to me.

"That's good to hear." I sighed. "And what about all the students?"

"The Carrows aren't happy when the older years won't use the unforgivable curses on the firsts and seconds. It seems that it's only the Slytherins who are willing to do it." She told me, making me scared to know who is partaking in it.

"Do I want to know who?" I asked her.

"As far as I know it isn't any of your friends." This gave me a sense of relief. "In fact it seems that Draco and Blaise have also stopped showing up to their classes."

"That's good to know." I smiled. "Other than that, is everyone okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just more worried about the holiday coming up."

"Are there a lot of students staying for Christmas?" I asked now worried too.

"Yeah there is. A few of the DA members will stay with them but only four or five." She explained. "Neville, Luna and I have been trying to convince our families to let us stay but no luck. I was hoping you and Draco are going to stay and help look after everyone."

"I wish we could Ginny but we're being called back during Christmas by you know who." I told her sadly.

"It's okay Haley, you're already doing so much to help out anyways." She gave me a small smile. "And I know you guys don't have any choice when it comes to him."

"Don't worry, I'll still do what I can to help." I reassured her. "I'll figure out a way to have the Carrows get called back too or something."

"Thanks."

"Is that Slytherin going to be here much longer?" Seamus Finnigan called out to us. "A lot of us aren't very comfortable having her here you know."

"Seamus." Ginny gasped.

"What?" He scoffed. "You know she doesn't belong here. She's one of them, remember? She's betrayed us before and I don't doubt that she'll do it again."

"She never betrayed us, Seamus." Ginny yelled at him.

"Oh really? Then what about everything Harry told us last year huh?" This has started to get the attention of everyone else in the room as they started gathering around to hear what's happening.

Ginny was about to say something but I placed my arm in front of her to stop her.

"Don't waste your breath Ginny." I finally said. "It won't matter in the end and I was about to leave anyway."

"But.."

"Don't." I interrupted her again.

I started making my way through the crowd of students. Most of them just watched me but there was a few confident ones who decided to speak up saying things like;

"You're not wanted here."

"Go back to your own kind."

"Don't come back you Slytherin scum."