5

Y/N POV:

After the official announcement from Bight, things seemed to settle down. Some ARMY's were still angry about my relationship with Jimin, but for the most part, everyone else seemed to be supportive and happy for us. There were tons of questions about whom I was and when he was going to introduce me to the public, but that was not something I was ready for. Right now, since I still had my anonymity, I was spared from the paparazzi and Jimin could still come to my flat without my address being shared and ARMY surrounding the building. I was also worried about my teaching position. Would I lose my job because of something like this? The worries plagued me, but I tried to hide it from Jimin, not wanting him to take on my stress along with his.

The members were preparing for the comeback so Jimin was more exhausted than ever. Most of the time he arrived at my place, it would be close to 11 at night and the tiredness would be clear in his face. He kept apologizing for coming to sleep, but I tried to explain to him that I would rather him sleep than to stay awake and not get enough sleep. I just wanted him to take care of himself. That's what mattered the most to me.

Two weeks after the official announcement, I was sitting in my class grading papers, taking advantage of the quiet, when I heard a soft knock on the door. I looked up to see Aera standing there, a small smile on her face. "Hey Aera. How was the rest of your day?"

Aera grinned. "It was good. Haeun both went home early since she wasn't feeling well, but other than that, it was good."

"Aww. I hope Haeun feels better soon. I know it's terrible getting sick." I felt bad for the sweet little girl. Her cousin, Hei-ran, was in my class and I knew the two girls were close. Aera nodded, but from the look on her face, I could see she had something else she wanted to say. "Is... is everything okay?"

Aera hesitated then came into my classroom, shutting the door behind her and I raised my eyebrows in curiosity. "Y/N, I want to ask you something and if you don't feel comfortable telling me then I understand, but I hope you will." I nodded for her to continue and after chewing on her bottom lip for a minute, Aera blurted out her question. "Are you dating Park Jimin?"

My mind blanked at her question. "Um... why... why would you ask that?"

Aera sighed then sat down in the chair next to me. "Today at lunch, when you set your phone down, it was unlocked and... I promise I didn't mean to look, but you have a selfie of you and Jimin as the background."

Looking down at my desk, I tried to stop my heart from racing at the knowledge that my relationship with Jimin might not be as private as I thought it was. I had tried to be careful; I didn't even have a photo of us as my lock screen, just in case. It was a safe photo of SugaKookie. "I..." My words trailed off and Aera reached over and patted my hand.

"It's okay. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but I saw the press release and then when I saw the photo today, I just put two and two together." Aera's voice was reassuring and I knew in that moment I could trust her. It probably helped that not only was she married, but also adult ARMY. The older ARMY's I had met via social media were not as possessive over the guys, knowing that relationships with them were unlikely. I had been one of those adult ARMY myself.

Ducking my head, I nodded, feeling the heat from my cheeks. "Yes. Since March when I arrived in Korea. Please, please don't say anything. I'm... I'm not ready for anyone else to know who I am yet. It would change so many things."

Aera nodded then squeezed my hand. "Of course not. This is your business, not anyone else's. Your secret is perfectly safe with me." Leaning back in the chair, Aera looked at me curiously. "Does anyone else know who you are?"