Chapter 9 Do I Like Her? Do I Like Him? I Just Don't Know What To Think

Logan'sPOV

I dropped off Mirianna and I'm driving home. For some reason I can't help but think about what happened in the clearing. I know I had said no feelings attached to the kiss but that was only because I don't think she felt the same way. I can't stop thinking about her. She's on my mind twenty four seven. Not to mention the dreams. Every morning I have to take a cold shower. I pull up in my garage and park my car alongside my motorcycle. I walk into the house to ask my 'mother'what the bad news is because when she says emergency it's always bad news.  "Christina!" I shout. I don't really call her my mom because she has never really played the mother role for me. She's only my mother by blood never by actions.

"In the living room!" she shouts back. I walk into the living room preparing myself for the bad news.

"What's the bad news?" I ask not looking up from the ground and just cutting to the point. I was partially angry that she interrupted my almost kiss with Mirianna but at the same time I was relieved.

" Surprise!" she shouts.

I look up and see my cousin Brian leaning against the wall with a smirk on his face and all that anger faded away. He walks up to me and we do a bro hug.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. Don't get me wrong I'm glad to see him. He's like the brother I never had. We used to hang out all the time until he moved.

" I live here now," he says," 'mom and dad' had to go away on a business trip and they said I'm getting into too much trouble so they sent me here to live with you guys," he continues and puts air quotes around the words mom and dad. Our parents were just the same and he was also raised by our maid Matilda.

I hear the front door open and Matilda walks in with grocery bags.

"Mommy I'm back!" Brian shouts to her. We always used to call her mommy when we were younger and our parents weren't very happy with that but that never stopped us.

"Bri!" she shouts back with open arms engulfing him in a bone crushing hug. That woman might be tiny but when she hugs you it's like she cuts off all the oxygen from your lungs and crushes your spine.

"How are you?" she asks him.

"I'm good. How about you?"

"I'm good. Oh my you've grown so much and I see your still as handsome since the last time I saw you."

"Matilda I don't pay you to just stand around. Don't you have work to do?" my mother says with venom leaking from every word she says. Both Brian and I turn to give my 'mother' a death glare.

"Don't speak to her like that!" we yell at the same time. It angers me to see how my 'mother' treats Matilda. Yes she's the help but that's no way to treat somebody.

Matilda walks over and rubs both our backs and says "boys it's okay Mrs. Black is right I have work to do." She walks off in the direction of the kitchen. I turn to give Christina one last glare and head up to my room with Brian following suit.

I lie on my bed and close my eyes. As I do this my mind trails back to Mirianna. I sit up on my bed and let out an exhausted and frustrated sigh. "What's on your mind?" Brian asks.

" Okay how do I put this? There's this girl named Mirianna and I think I like her but I'm not sure she even thinks of me as more than a friend."

"Wow you must really like this girl to break from your player ways."

" Do I like her? Does she like me? I just don't what to think."

Mirianna'sPOV

After Logan dropped me off I went up to my room and lied on my bed. I closed my eyes and images of Logan flashed through my mind. He is so damn perfect. Everything he does is fit to perfection. Do I like him? Does he like me? I just don't know what to think.