1 - uncomfortable

Tanjiro's Pov

I woke up quickly to the sound of light knocking at my bedroom door, I quickly opened the door with a nervous look. It was Mitsuri.

"Hi, I just wanted to say that we are leaving in 20 minutes, okay?" She smiled. I don't know why she is smiling so sweetly..  there were rumors about me being verbally abusive to my family members. But the problem with that is they are dead. And the others are too thick to realise it.

"Oh.. thanks." I mumbled. Then began to shut my door.

"Tanjiro." She stopped me.

I quietly sighed and opened the door a bit.. I raised my eyebrows and but on a smile.

"I am just here to tell you, I do not believe the rumors.. I know your family is dead.." she smiled nervously. I felt relieved..

"Thanks..!" I had a bigger fake smile on.

"I don't know how they haven't realised it yet, but spreading rumors about you sending verbally abusive messages to your family back at your village is a stupid rumor. Whoever started it might not have a big brain..!" She giggled. I kind of giggled a bit too.. I didn't mean to..?

She quickly walked about after waving and I put my uniform on.

I headed to Nezuko's room with my sun-proof box.

I was about to turn the corner, but I wanted to be early so I was walking is a fast pace. I then accidentally bumped into someone.

"O-- Sorr--" I was slapped across the face. I looked to see Giyuu..

"Whatch where you are going!" He yelled at me.

"Mh.. sorry.." I looked to the floor and nodded as I held my cheek.

"Just-- stop being..  you. Smile or something, freak." He growled. I smiled slightly and looked up.

"Your right! I'm very sorry for bumping into you, I will be more careful!" I stood straight and smiled brightly.

"..Whatever, also, tonight on our mission. We will be staying in an Inn, my room after midnight." He mumbled the last parts. My smile slowly faded.

"Mh.." I nodded.

He walked away, and I looked to the floor.

..just get nezuko and leave.. get nezuko and leave..

I was now carrying my sister in a box, and heading towards the village. I wasn't given much details, only that there were a few uppermoons in the area, so it is suspected that their 'base' was near the it.

We had arrived at the 8n and were given individual rooms. But ofocurse me and Nezuko share because no one would expect some random person would be carrying their teenage sister in a tiny box.

I placed the box down, made the room dim, then opened the door to Nezuko's box. She looked around, then we played and cuddled for an hour or two.

Soon, the sun set. I hated it when it was night time.. I don't have a choice but to go to ..his.. room. If I don't, I will get hurt. And the last thing I want to happen is to get hurt infront of Nezuko..

I look down at her sleeping under the covers of a bed. I frowned..

I waited.. and waited.. 12:00..

I stood up from the bed and quietly snuck out of my room. He said to be in his room at midnight, or.. maybe if I run into the forest near here, and maybe sleep somewhere in the forest until it was day time, he will be unable to hurt me.

I closed my bedroom door and snuck down the corridors and I walked out of the Inn. I will dissappear when I get to fue back of the building, just incase anyone sees.

I head was grabbed and thrown to the floor.

I looked to see Giyuu, he looked wierd, as if he was drunk, but I'm not sure.

I started tearing up, I hated it when he looked like that, his beatings are even worse when he drinks.

I recieved a kick to the stomach.

"You think I'm blind? Eh? You think you just walk away and I won't follow you?!" He growled, kicking my ribs and face.

"No, no one would dare do that to me. I am one of the strongest hashira EVER!"  He yelled, continuing to kick me harder and harder.
As soon as he had stopped kicking me, my nose was bloody, I was bruised almost everywhere on my body, my limbs were sore and aching, and I was beginning to lose consciousness..

Suddenly adrenaline had pumped through me, and my energy restored.  I quickly swiped my feet at Giyuu's, causing his to slip and fall. I basically jumped up and dashed for the woods. I ran and ran till my energy ran out and I could no longer stand without holding onto something. I sat down behind a tree and lowered the noise kf me breathing heavily. I couldn't fall asleep, and I was restless..  I hated it. I was afraid Giyuu would find me, and I was afraid of what he would do to me if he did find me.

I began tearing up, and my nose was still bleeding heavily. I soon began crying, fearing what would happen when sun rises and I'm alone with Giyuu. He is scary, strong.. and.. cruel.. not to mention how highly he speaks of himself.

"Are you a demon slayer?" A males voice spoke. The voice was light, but deep enough to sound like a male.
I looked up to see a hooded man with an oversized haori on.

"..Yes. how would you know..?" I smiled, he noticed something.

"You must smile often, but you are getting bad at hiding your pain." He sat down next to me.

"What do you mean?" I ignored the fact that he didn't answer my question.

"You are in pain. Emotionally. You were inlove." He sighed.

"Its really nothing, I should get going.." I mumbled and began to stand up.

"You can leave if you want. But answer a question first." He groaned. He seemed bored..

"Mh?" I looked at him.

"If you are in pain, come to me and talk it out, alright?" He muttered. He is kind to offer that..

"Sure.." I muttered, and walked back to the Inn, I think Giyuu is looking for me jn the forest, so I should be fine going back to my room.

I opened the door to see a crying Nezuko.

"Nezuko?! What is the matter?" I closed the door and ran to her.

"HMMM!" She headbutted my forehead.

"Ouch!" I rubbed my head and she hugged me.

"Did I worry you, Nezuko?" I muttered, she nodded, I smiled uncontrollably..

"Its late. We should go to sleep, yes?" I giggled.

~~~

Hello! I hope you liked the first chapter, I am personally proud of it. Thankyou for the support!
I hope you enjoy the future chapters and if I have any news that I need to put put there, I will mention it at the end or at the beginning of a chapter! x x