22 - Shinobu bashing

Four months later, Tanjiro was once again pregnant. Dispite the constant fear of the 'accident' heppening again, Tanjiro wants to keep his smile bright.

"So, let's make a new bet. If it's a girl, I have the permission to kill you and take your eyes." Daki smirked.
"If it's a boy I'll rip you to shreds." Douma giggled.

'What a messed up bet..' Akaji thought. She had just turned 11 a few days ago, and is learning a few moves from Kokushibo because of how interested she is in combat.

Jiro was in bed, reading a book while Akaza was sleeping. Nothing interesting was going on, just an 'average' day.

[with Kanao]

She was strolling around the village, admiring the warm summer day.
"Kanao. We will be needing to go back to give master some information, do you have anything I can add?" Shinobu asked.

'I can't tell them I had a conversation with Jiro, or sat with both Akaza and Jiro without fighting.. They'd think of me as a traitor.. But then again.. They are like family. They would understand.' Kanao thought, smiling.

"Four months ago, when you found me asleep by the lake. I was with Jiro and Akaza. But ofcourse they must have left before you arrived." Kanao spoke in a humble and soft tone.

"Wha.." Shinobu widened her eyes. "So.. You are friends iwth those monsters?"

"Tanjiro isn't a monster." Kanao furrowed her eyes, hoping that Shinobu would quit the attitude and smile for atleast a second.

"You didn't tell us that day.. You did the exact same thing Tanjiro did a few years ago. Befriended the enemy behind our backs. You can get kicked out..!" Shinobu raised her voice, shocking Kanao.

"I have to inform master right away." She sighed impatiently, then walked away.

Kanao stood there, too stunned to speak..
'why didn't she take it very well?..' She thought. . .

Then she felt a drop of rain fall onto the tip of her nose, causing her to flinch.
"It will begin to rain.. I wonder if rain would look nice by the lake..?" Kanao mumbled, walking towards the forest.

It was pouring down with rain once she arrived by the lake. She was correct, it looked beautiful when it rained.

She sat down, the tip of her shoes dipping into the lake. She was already soaking wet, it wouldn't be any different. Plus the shoes were waterproof anyway.

She closed her eyes, listening to the rain. But for some reason she felt no rain..? She looked up. Somone was holding an umberella up?

It was Jiro.. He sat down next to her, smiling.
"The smell of Petrichor is a lovely scent, isn't it." He spoke calmly.

"Yes, it is. It calms me down whenever I get angry or stressed. Rain has a unuiqe scent." Kanao replied, looking out towards the lake.

"So, what are you doing out here? I heard you were leaving." Jiro then asked, his mask was nowhere to be found. But then again, the slayers already know what he looks like, theres no point in wearing it around them.

"I told Shinobu about me talking to you. She is going to tell master, I'll probably get removed from my title as a demon slayer." Kanao sighed.

"what if you were to join us? The demons aren't bad actually. They get along pretty well, apart from Daki and Douma.. You can personally meet Akaji, and maybe even my future child?" Jiro smiled.

Kanao paused, looking down at Jiro's stomach, her eyes widened.
"You are trying again?" She asked in disbelief.

"Yes.. Douma and Daki are betting on the gender.. I already know who lost the bet." Jiro chuckled.

"Hm.. You still like Giyuu?" Kanao asked.

"What? No. Definetly not." Jiro glared down to the floor.

"I think he still likes you. He got jealous when he found out you were pregnant and Akaza was the father." Kanao sighed. "I'm sorry.. For what he has done to you."

"It's fine.. I was dumb." Jiro rolled his eyes.

"So.. Mind telling me the gender?" Kanao smiled.

"It's supposed to be a suprise.. But.."

~~

Heya! Sorry about the small-ish chapter. I decided I'd ditch the schedule and update randomly.
The book is going to end in a couple of chapters.

I was thinkinf for my next book I'd do a Fem!Tanjiro x Akaza?

Tell me what u ppl think?
Sorry for the Shinobu bashing, it's all part of the book! I rlly love Shinobu, but I just feel it would make a bit of sense if she were to be a 'bad' kind of person. I love her tho.