4 - memory

Here is a little warning, I just read a proper emotional fanfic so don't expect this to be not emotional, I am not sure if it will be or won't be because I am currently crying for some reason--

Tanjiro's Pov

I woke up quickly, I don't know why, but I just jumped up.. I looked around, Akaza was still there and it was still kind of dark, but light enough. Since the tree Akaza was resting his head on blocked a bit of the sunrise, he hasn't disappeared into a pile of ash or something just yet.

I (for some reason) was nervous to wake him up, I was extremely tired last night so I sometimes,especially say so,e stuff I don't mean to say.. so if I said anything that might make him either want to kill me or blackmail me, I wouldn't be shocked..

I tapped his shoulder lightly, he didn't move.

"Akaza." I mumbled.

"AKAZA." I yelled, making him furrow his eyebrows.

"Shut up. You're so loud." He groaned.

"Ow." He held the back of his neck as he sat up properly, which means his neck is probably stiff.

"Uhm.. I will be leaving then." I stood up and stretched.

"Yeah whatever. I don't care." He stood up aswell.

". . . Okay." I mumbled, then awkwardly walked away. I didn't know how awkward it would be to have a conversation like that.

[I, myself evem struggled to create this sort of conversation.]

I walked back to the Inn, as soon as I entered, I saw Shinobu along with Giyuu, Mitsuri and my two friends. They looked worried, but Mitsuri just gave me a look of regret.

I smiled, and checked the time. It was only 5AM.

"Hi, guys?" I shot them a look of confusion.

"Uh.. why are you down here? Usually we plan stuff in a room." I shrugged, I noticed that they were planning something, due to the large map with an 'X' in a certain spot that had just been marked.

"..Nothing, Tanjiro. Just.. go." Shinobu rolled her eyes.

"..did I miss something..?" I mumbled. Maybe I should have woken up earlier? Or maybe I should have left the forest when I was tired..?

"No." Zenitsu glared at me. Usually he just gives me wierd looks, but he has never done that before.. did they know something I didn't?

I looked towards Mitsuri. She still had that look of regret.

"Guys?" I muttered.

"Listen Tanjiro. We don't need you here today, go out in the woods or something." Inosuke sighed, his deep voice still as deep as ever.. something is going on.

"Alright.. I will go back in the woods." I smiled. If I didn't act like I didn't know anything was wrong, it would probably be suspicious.

I walk out of the inn and then point my head towards the forest.

"A day with Akaza shouldn't be bad. Right?" I spoke to myself. Then I walked into the forest, looking for the demon who is very dangerous and could possibly kill me in a millisecond if he wanted to. And my sword has gone missing, so I am defenseless..

[Mitsuri's Pov]

I watched Tanjiro leave with his usual fake smile.. I couldn't take the guilt..! I go to run over to him and explain the information I had given the hashira and others.