7 - opportunities

Tanjiro's Pov

I wake up-- where.. am I? I don't exactly remember what happened last night, all I know is there was something rustling in the trees and Akaza went to see what it was. Then it all went black.

I sat up and looked around. It seemed like I was back in the Castle. (The huge house with floating platforms, rooms, etc..)

I got out of thebed I was in and stretched. My mask wasn't on my face, and I didn't recognise this room.

I walked towards the door and opened it-- yep. I was in the Castle.

I looked around for a platform or something to jump on. It was always a pain trying to get around this place without injuring myself.

I jumped on a platform, almost missing it. Then I saw Nakime. She was doing what she usually does, moving around the castle.
I walked over to her and sat next to her.

"Good morning, Jiro." She mumbled. We rarely get to speak..

"Good morning, Nakime." I smiled to her.

"Are you okay-- you look extremely tired." The woman asked.

"I do? Eh-- its probably just nothing. How about you, are you okay?" I asked, I have been extremely tired lately-- it's probably because I try too hard while going through missions.

"I'm fine. You should run along now, I feel like a certain Uppermoon is looking for you." She smiled.

"Hm, why do you hide your eyes..?" I ask, she fell silent.

"Because I'm ugly. I feel ashamed of my face." She looked to the floor.

"May I see? I promise not to judge." I smiled nervously. No woman should think that-- dvery female is beautiful.

She hesitated, before lifting her hair. She only had one huge eye, with pink irises and the uppermoon mark. Is this the reason..?

"Is that why you feel ugly?" I asked, she nodded slightly.

"I think you look beautiful, two eyes or not. I don't think you should hide your eye. I think it makes you look cool! I love it! Though I don't think I could pull that off." I laughed.

"Really? You aren't joking..?" She spoke.

"I wouldn't joke about that." I smiled reassuringly. Eh-- was she crying..?

"T-thankyou.. I feel more confident..!" She smiled, before hugging me. I hugged back before I stood up.

"Oi, Jiro." I heard Akaza, he jumped on the same platform as us, and Nakime quickly hid her eye.

"Hm?" I smiled.

"Here's your mask. There's word that Hashira are in the villages area." He smirked.

"Ooh!" I smiled, putting on my mask.

"Wanna go spy? It's pretty late at night.." Akaza mumbled. I nodded, and Akaza grabbed my arm, and lead me outside, since I still haven't got used to the castle yet..

As soon as we got outside, we instantly ran towards the village and watched from different roofs. It was fun, actually. I liked watching people having fun. . . Then I saw them.

"Two girls right there. That's Shinobu, that ones Kanao." I pointed them out. I noticed Shinobu glance at me, but instantly do what she was doing. . . She was involved in some sort of plan to do with catching me. I knew it.

"Strange.. I thought there was atleast three or more." Akaza shrugged.

"Same." A strangley familiar voice spoke, we both turned our heads.. Giyuu. He was standing behind us, his sword in-between our heads.