9 - Banished

Shinobu's POV

To think all this time.. It was Giyuu. . . He said nothing when Tanjiro was banished from joining the demon slayer corporation.

He didn't even tell us when he was gone-- or when the rumors about Tanjiro spread, he didn't defend him. How does he recognise what Tanjiro's body looks like though..?

As soon as we got back to our base, me and Kanao instantly told the Master.

"Master, we have something terrible to report to you." I spoke, while every other hashira, including Giyuu, kept their heads low. I raised my head slightly to see Kanao, who was standing in the corner near the master. She nodded and smiled.

"We want to unbanish Tanjiro." I spoke, I will explain why in a minute..

"Ah, is that all? May I know why?" He smiled, but was obviously confused.

"It seems we made a mistake. There.. Were rumors spreading about Tanjiro.. Horrible rumors.. Though non were true. We forced so much on him, causing him to run away and even befriend a demon for hope or love." I looked to the floor. At this point i'm just imagining the reasdons why he was found with a demon.. Maybe for revenge? It doesn't matter right now..

"That was not the only thing I have recently learned." I stood up straight.

"Giyuu Tomioka.. He abused Tanjiro. He made Tanjiro fear him, maybe did even more inhumane things to Tanjiro." I pointed at Giyuu with anger in my eyes.

"Hm? Is this true, Giyuu?" Master spoke, and we all stood up straight.

"Yes. It is. But I understand my mistake and promise I will never do it again." He bent down to apologise.

"But please don't just blame me. Blame everyone else, not including Mitsuri. She was the only one who never wanted to believe the rumors spread by Zenitsu." He spoke.

Zenitsu spread those rumors?! How did he know..

I look around to see Zenitsu a few meters from here, he was crowding Nezuko, who looks annoyed.

"Hm.. Giyuu, you may not be banished, but you will be laying low. Tanjiro will be able to join the demon slayer corporation if found, Zenitsu will be banished from becoming a demon slayer. My answers are final. You are all dismissed." he spoke, then walked away.

As soon as we all scattered, me and Kanao walked up to Zenitsu and eperated him from Nezuko.

"Hey--"

"Zenitsu Agatsuma, you are here-by banished from joining the demon slayer corp. Please change out of your clothes and hand over your sword." I spoke sternly. He widened his eyes as he grew stiff. Nezuko took the chance to run away from the scene.

"Wh..what..? Why?! How?!" He grew angry and confused.

"Hm. let's see, maybe.. Spreading rumors about your friend? Making almost every demon slayer hate him? Or, how about disturbing Nezuko too much?" Kanao smiled. If I'm being honest, she can be cruel sometimes..

"Wha.. But I love Nezuko-Chan, and I only spread those rumors because Tanjiro got all the attention! Why the hell does he get to be so happy?! It's annoying-- he is never seriou--" As Zenitsu raised his voice, he received a slap across the face from Kanao.

"Shut up. Get out." Kanao growled.. Scary..

Zenitsu held his cheek and looked down in embarrassment.

"The only one here who isn't taking things seriously is you. You cower behind Tanjiro." she sighed.

"Now change and leave.." Kanao glared. Zenitsu hesitated, before slowly walking off to change out of his uniform. . .

~~~~

hello! Sorry for making Zenitsu a jealous cow, but I'm sure he will end up being a good guy again or something. (not saying he is a bad guy)

also sorry for making this chapter short, I wasn't writing the chapter on the usual device I type on so I had to go through multiple steps to make sure there wasn't a lot of grammar and spelling errors. Overall it was tiring and I gave up on this, mostly because I dont know what else happens after Zenitsu leaves to change.

But I'm trying my best to publish more chapters for you humans!

(sorry I don't know what to call you bc some of u are boys, girls or non binary!! Please leave suggestions on what I should call u!)

:')