3 - complicated

Tanjiro's Pov

I can't believe I'm lying and sneaking out! I feel terrible, but I don't know whether going is a good idea or not, so I'm finding out..

I left the Inn, and kept distance from the forest at first, since the hashira, my friends and nezuko were there, planning and deciding who goes which way. (Nezuko is following Zenitsu).

As soon as they split up, I think Mitsuri saw me, but I'm not sure, and I don't want to know. It will just make me nervous to go inside the forest or something..

I took my sword, just in case, and ran into the forest, not daring to look behind me or anywhere around me, just incase one of the hashira or something we're there. Ifmi was caught, I would need to pray for an excuse to just pop into my head..

I reached the tree we were supposed to meet at, butnjnstead of seeing a hooded man, I saw a pink haired demon with navy blue lines across his face and body. He was wearing a dark pinkish purple haori that was cut off at his waist and white baggy pants kept up with a cyan coloured banded belt. And he had some sort or orbs on his ankles.  It was hard to see any closer details. I'm guessing he was the hooded man..? So I was right, he was a demon. He looks like he is sleeping.. or something. Maybe I should just wait..? No. If its him he would probably expect me to sit down where I usually sit.

I walk over to the sleeping demon, I wouldn't dare to make a noise.. then I quickly sat down next to Akaza, and crossed my legs. He was resting his head against the trunk of the tree, and noticed more details. I also for some reason kept glancing at his abs.
I don't know why, and it makes me feel like a creep..

I took a deep breath and reached my hand out towards the demon. I tapped his shoulder lightly.

"You took forever." He growled. Yep. It was him.

"Sorry.. The others are in the forest too.. I couldn't let them see me." I mumbled.

"So, you're sneaking around like a child?" The demon opened his eyes. Crap.. uppermoon three.. he had yellow eyes with a blue sclera which looked like cracked glass..

"Well.. telling them that I am meeting up with a demon isn't exactly something that's okay. For a demonslayer anyway.." I shrugged. What else aas I supposed to say?!

"You could have just told them, then either capture me and use me for information or kill me." He raised an eyebrow and smirked.
..I didn't think about that..

"Well.." I mumbled. I was thinking of something to say.

"So, why don't you become an Oni? Being a demon is quite fun actually." Akaza shrugged.

"I will lose my memories. They are precious to everyone." I furrowed  my eyebrows. I didn't want to become one. But.. I do want to lose the bad memories.

"But all your bad memories would go? All the times you have been hit, beaten.. other stuff that has probably happened to you." Akaza got closer to my face.

"W-what about my good memories, me with my friends when they didn't hate me, or my sister when she was human? My family!" I felt offended for some reason.

"Sadly, your family is dead, your sisters a demon, and your friends hate you. Face the reality of this world. No one's life can be happy, or have a happy ending." Akaza sighed, and shrugged.

"What about you? You have happy memories." I raised my eyebrows.

"I don't know my human life, I remember one or two things, but to the humans I was a criminal, a guy who lost everything.. but, I have became a demon, I am alot happier and have quite a few friends too." Akaza smiled.

"Become a demon, Jiro." He smirked.

"Jiro?" I mumbled.

"Tanjiro, jiro, same thing." He rolled his eyes.

"Did this happen go all of the demons? A bad ending?" I asked.

"Probably. Jeez, you should meet Daki and her brother, I think they are the worst ones." Akaza laughed. So he does have demon friends? Maybe it isn't so bad..

"I'm sorry, but my family was killed by a demon, I dispise them." He crossed my arms and glared at Akaza. He needs to get that I dont want to be one, he can't force me.

"Listen, being a demon would take away all your pain. I know your in pain almost everyday, believe it or not, your scent is tinted with sadness." Akaza muttered.
"Become a demon, and you will forget all the hashira, everything they have done done you. Especially Giyuu. He's a bastard." Akaza smirked.

"Yeah.. he i-- wait, no. I know what you're doing!" I raised my voice slightly.

"Jiro. I'm being serious." He went closer to my face.

"If you become a demon, you could fall in love and never be hurt again." He smirked. I was flustered-- who wouldn't be when there's someone so close to your face.

"No. I'm sorry but I don't want to." I sighed.

"Really?" He was inches away from my face.

"R-really.." I mumbled.

"You sure..?" He smirked. TOO CLOSEEEE. I swear I was a tomato..

"Y-yes.. I'm sure." I stuttered, he then moved away from me.

"K." He sighed.

"Your loss." He then mumbled. Is that it? He's finished trying to convince me? That was quick.

We then sat in an awkward silence for a long time. I kept my head looking at the floor. I looked up, and was about to speak, until I realised he was sleeping again. I was suprised he could fall asleep so quickly.

I had no clue whether I should leave or not. I was about to leave, until I began falling asleep quickly, I didn't know I was so tired--

I didn't want to walk the whole way back to my room, because I will be wide awake by the time I got there. I yawned and then looked around.

I had slept in a forest before, but it was hard to find something comfy to lie my head on.. then I saw Akaza. Would it make him feel uncomfortable to have someone rest their head on him? I don't know, but I can't be bothered to worry if it would.

I lay my head down on Akaza's lap, but I didn't face him, I thought it would be creepy. I closed my eyes, and enjoyed the fact that it was comfy, and the demon slayer uniform kept me warm. (Just like it was designed to do). He stayed perfectly still, so I don't think he minds it.

I stayed there with my eyes closed, but it took a few moments to fall asleep.

Then I soon fell asleep with my head in his lap..

~~

Lol, what is the cringe level?

Anyway, I will try to post the next chapter tomorrow or the day after, thankyou for reading this chapter! 💗