Chapter 14: Oh Trolley, You Have A Filthy Mind

Sam's POV:-

"Yes Owen. We can put the birdcage next to the window," I say absently, searching for my clipboard among the props. "No Owen, it doesn't matter where we place it... Why? Cause it's just a prop!" I snap irritated. Not disheartened, Owen continues to drill me with stupid questions.

I find my clipboard, and manage to excuse myself to go sit on a lone bench. Backstage duties are truly a headache. I sympathetically smile at Naomi, who was trying to co-ordinate the curtain drop. The day of the play was getting nearer, so everyone was a little overboard. My phone buzzes from a text, making me stop checking the list of duties. It was from King Jackass.

-Knock Knock.

-Max, not again. I'm busy.

-Knock Knock.

He replies, still persistent. I sigh and text back.

-Who's there?

-Eye Mist.

-Eye mist who?

-Eye Mist You.

People around me give me weird looks, when I burst out laughing. I crane my neck, to see Max on stage talking to teacher holding his phone behind him.

-Max, that was so bad, and not that I need to say, but lame!

-Hey! Do you know how long it took me, to find a decent knock knock joke for you.

-Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think there are any dirty knock knock jokes.

Or are there? I really should stop reading books, and start talking to the outer world. I feel a little outdated. I look back on stage to see Max reading my text, and the most sinister of smirks forming on his face. Oh shit.

-Knock knock.

-Who's there?

-Ben Dover.

I quietly think, if I know any Ben Dover. My brains returns negative.

-Ben Dover who?

-Ben Dover, and I'll give you a big surprise!

My mouth falls slack from shock, feeling embarrassed of my own stupidity. I forgot, I was talking to the king of crudeness. God forbid, Max will sugarcoat anything. 

-I'm sorry that I ever doubted you.

Across the stage I see Max chuckle, and start typing again. I fan my hot face with the scripts, waiting for his text. It doesn't take long.

-Knock knock.

-Who's there? ( Max, please go easy on me. )

-Do you want two CDs? ( Trolley, you brought this on yourself. And don't worry, I'll go easy on you. At least for the first few times. )

-Do you want two CDs, who? ( Max! )

-Do you want to CDs nutz? ( Hehe )

-Please stop.

Once again, I hide my burning face into the pages. My appalled self jumps, at the sudden buzz from my phone. 

-(One last, please) Knock knock.

-(I hate you) Who's there?

-(I know) Dozer.

-Dozer who?