Chapter 16: Starry Skies, City Lights, Along With Your Favorite Ice Cream

Max's POV:-

I walk out towards the entrance of changing room on seeing a small crowd. Quin was bending down, and loudly cooing, "Aww kid, are you lost? Sorry, we don't have your teddy bear." The guys around him laugh mockingly. Upon going closer, I see they were teasing Sam, who was giving Quin an unimpressed look, shaking her head.

"Are you missing your mommy-" I don't let Quin finish and pull him back by his collar. He was moving too close to Sam.

"That's my girlfriend, you pumpkin fucker," I growl, standing in front of Sam. Quin's eyes widen in realization. "Shit, fuck! I'm sorry, Max, we didn't know," he sputters, and the other boys also mutter incoherently.

"Doesn't work for me," I shrug, calmly stepping closer to him giving him my best glare. Rest of the boys automatically step back, afraid to interfere. Quin takes a deep breath, bracing himself.

"Max, let him be," Sam feebly pulls my sleeve. I almost smile. Almost. "He was joking," she mumbles to me. Quin stays still in anticipation, carefully watching my face. Trolley squeezes my arm once more. I sigh, relaxing my stance and put a hand back to bring her to my side.

"I'm sorry," Quin apologizes to Sam before I can tell him to. "It's okay," she says and smiles to show she's not mad at him. Quin glances at me, and I dismiss him with a nod. The boys also scamper away, muttering to each other. 

"You should have let me pulp him out," I grumble.

"Hello, my sweaty lil player," she happily smiles at me. Her grin wrings my heart out like a lemon.

"Lil?" I ask, amused. She's wearing a houndstooth sweater and shorts, hair open, framed around her face in waves.

"Oh shush," she laughs and lifts her hand to wipe back my sweat-drenched hair, not feeling grossed out like girls usually do. Her small hands feel so soft, I smile.

"Where do you wanna go?" I softly poke the bell pendant on her neck. "You're a cat now? A pussy cat?"

"Max," she scolds, covering the pendant with her hands. "There's a new café two streets away," she continues excitedly. "Shall we try that?"

I nod and press a kiss to her mouth. I want to slip my tongue in her mouth and taste her. Oh God, do I want to taste her. I want to kiss and kiss her until she's a quivering mess underneath me. But I stop myself, not wanting to startle her. 

I pull back, and Sam looks at me with dazed eyes. It takes me everything to not take her to an empty lecture room and make her forget her name.

As I go, I look back to see her bending down to pick her bag, and I get a generous view of the top of her chest. I bet my balls are peacock blue.

................................

"So, when should I pick you up for the party?" I raise myself on the elbow. After eating, we walked back to the college lawns and lazed around in the evening sun. Trolley was sitting in front of me, covering her brand new book with brown paper cause the books glossy shine diminishes in the natural environment.

"What party?" she frowns, measuring corners.

"The party for crew and cast members," I remind her. "It's at Liam's house. Though I'm sure, half the college will be there."

"Is it mandatory?" she looks up with a pout. "Yeah, in a way," I scratch my neck. "Trolley don't abandon me on this one. You have to come because I am expected to show up."

"You have lots of friends," she mutters, resuming her book covering. "Go with them, while I happily munch popcorns while watching old horror movies."