Katana Bond

He turned his heel towards his room upstairs. I rushed towards the guestroom bathroom, brushed my teeth, had a quick glance at the mirror then grabbed my bag. I went outside the beach house then sprinted towards Mate's car, opened the passenger's seat, and then sat comfortably.

"I like our mate, he seems nice. I think he really doesn't have an idea what really happened years back." Alora commented. Her statement made my eyes roll.

"I take it as ignorance Alora. He was blindly following his father's order." I looked outside of the car.

"Hey, don't be too harsh on our mate. Although he has a jerk father. His mother helped us survive the tragedy." Alora argued.

"That's the reason I wanted him to reject us as soon as possible. He is reminding me of his mother. We will also be relying on each other once the first wave of bonds comes in. I do not want to yearn for him after that. I might as well get rejected than Go through the process then again left out" I explained.

The Katana pack's completion of bond has three waves. Each wave had three impacts. If we mated our fellow Katana wolf, we could easily share the pain and make felt ease to each impact. This is a test of endurance and patience for each other. Test of how pure your intentions towards your mate are. Who in the right mind would be willing go through series of torture if you do not believe in your mate's bond.

If A Katana wolf is mated with a wolf from other kind of pack, he or she had to bear all the pain. Most wolves who are not from our pack, Katana wolves, usually pass out the moment the 1st impact comes in. We Katana wolves are built for such pain. Each pain is excruciating, it is the price we must pay for gaining a certain ability.

Katana wolf could only escape the pain once our mate chooses to reject her or him. But as for pure blood Katana wolf. The bond is so sacred for us. I have no choice but to go through the process of bond completion. Some Katana wolf mates die, because during the wave they were vulnerable. They could be easily attacked and get injured. They need to defend each other in each wave. That is why I have doubts about Devon. He was my mate and him being my hunter, made it more complicated.

Alora was aware of such fear, fear of abandonment. We had gone through it. All we had was each other. The physical pain was tolerable but the loneliness and the feeling of being an outcast was agonizing.

I was drowned with my thoughts that I hardly noticed my mate was inside the car. I discerned him staring at me with his face looking serious. I side eyed him then furrowed my eyebrows. Do I look like an alien? I thought. I widened my eyes and looked at him.

"What? You are going to locate my mate! I might as well tag along." I exclaimed.

"I said you can stay at my house." he said in a calm tone. I furrowed my brows again and pouted my lips. I stared at him in disgust.

"Do I look like a person who liked staring at walls?" I asked.

"This doesn't concern you, Ayumi." His eyes full of concern. He is shaking his head signaling to me of his disapproval.

"Do I look like a child to you?" I asked him intently.

NO.....; answered me still in a calm voice.

"Do you think I take well orders and you can boss me around?" I smiled sarcastically. Devon looked at me then sighed.

"Definitely no!" he answered in defeat.

"There you go, at least we agreed on something." I smiled excitedly.

"See were getting closer by beloved mate." talked to him as if he was a toddler. "This will be fun!" I said as I cupped his face. I could not help the urge to touch him.

He took a deep breath and looked away from me. I was forced to let go of his face. He started speeding away from the beach house. I stared outside the window, looking at the water from the sea.

"What is your wolf's name?" I asked him out of curiosity.

"Drew...." he answered briefly.

"Hmmm mine's Alora." I uttered while folding my arms in chest.

"Drew, I know your listening. If you want, I can let you meet Alora." I tried so hard to sound sexy. I was interrupted by a hiss from Devon. I looked at him and smirked. I planned to annoy him the whole trip. Devon shrugs his shoulder then peeps at me. His eyes moved back watching the road.

"What's your deal Ayumi?" he asked me sarcastically.

"Ah... I like it when you call me by my name." I wrinkled my nose while I answered him.

"It has been a while since I heard my name from another person other than Alora. It is more special if it comes from your mates' lips." I added.

He just side eye me. He is either annoyed or amused. I was not entirely sure.

"Devon?" He quickly glanced at me then looked again at the road.

"If I annoy you, you can easily reject me here then I will let you be with your quest." I suggested.

"Nice try, But I am not your mate, Love," Devon Answered me back. His endearment made me feel like I have butterflies in my stomach.

"Hehehe Love?" I smiled while stating his endearment again. Teasing him.

"Can we have a quiet time, Ayumi? Are you going to shut up." he asked, he felt irritated.

"I am sorry my dear, but I have no plans on doing so.... It is either you make me or just simply reject me." I taunted him then smirked at him. He shook his head in disbelief. I stared at him with a sinister smile. He peeked at me again and sighed.

"Could you at least wear your seatbelt?" he exclaimed.

"You are being overly protective mate! I am not going to get hurt by simple car acc...." He abruptly halted the car, cupped my face, and slammed my back on the passenger seat then kissed me. I was caught by surprise. My eyes were wide in disbelief. I wanted to resist him.... but his lips are warm and soft. His scent is intoxicating. I could not help but close my eyes and indulge the feeling of his lips against mine.

"There, that is how I get my peace and quiet." He uttered the moment our lips parted. I had to blink a couple of times in disbelief. I felt him grab the buckle of my seatbelt and fasten it.

He started driving again. I was too stunned to say anything. I forced myself to look at the scenery outside the moving car. I had no choice but to avoid eye contact. I dose off quickly without me realizing it.