Turned to nightmare

I stood on fours at the podium looking at my pack and our guests. I took a deep breath; my sense of smell was heightened and observed my vision had improved as well. I could hear the people's voices from afar. I shook my head to stop myself from getting overwhelmed with my enhanced sense. Then I heard my wolf speak.

"Ayumi" I heard a voice, but it was not coming from the crowd. She sounded new but I have this feeling of belongness. I looked around and I saw my mother smiling at me; She knew what was going on.

"I am Alora. I am so happy I finally met you!" She excitedly told me; I could even hear her giggle.

"Can we Go for a run? I just want to breathe." she asked. I looked around and found my parents proudly gazing at me. I mind link my dad.

"Alora wants to run" I asked for permission. He nodded then he signaled our pack and our guest to clear the path going outside.

I leaped towards the aisle then sprinted my way outside of the pack house. The moment my paws felt the ground. I felt the connection with our territory. The breeze swaying our fur felt calming.

"You want to take charge, Alora?" I asked my wolf.

"Yeeeee..." she roared in excitement. "Yes please"! I moved back to the subconscious part and gave Alora the control to enjoy the run.

After spending an hour outside I asked Alora to head back to our pack house. My mother welcomed me with a large blanket, placing it on my back then told me.

"Focus on how you looked like a human, so that you can transform back" she said then she moved back to give me space to transform back. I then followed her making me shift back to my human appearance. She then pulled me to a hug. I could hear the crowd cheering.

"You Go change; I'll be fetching you in your room later. You can rest for a bit". my mom said.

I was assisted by our pack servants towards my room. While I was inside my room, I felt elated with how my night turned out. My shifting came in with ease. I turned towards the bathroom to wash the dirt and twigs that I got from running around the pack land but accidentally crushed the doorknob with my hand.

"Wow! We got super strength!" Alora exclaimed, which made me chuckle. I laughed at her comment.

I quickly showered then changed to a simpler and comfortable dress. The celebration will end soon so I thought this dress would be enough. While I was busy wondering how to efficiently make use of my ability, I heard screaming and yelling downstairs. I hastily ran outside of my room, but I saw my mom sitting on the side of the corridor. I kneeled in front of her.

"Mom, what's happening?" I panickily asked as she looked exhausted.

"Someone had spiked the food and drinks making us all weak," she answered breathing heavily in between her words. My eyes widened in shock.

"Apollo's witch had cast a spell on our pack house, you have to run Ayumi cause there's a bomb installed within the pack house, Alana warned me." she weakly told me. I felt confused, I thought his pack are being attacked by witches. He had a witch on his side? This is so messed up.

"Mom, come with me, I can carry you." I said to her as she lifted her arm and placed it around my neck, but she stopped me from lifting her. She hugged me tightly; I realized what She was doing, and I screamed.

"No Mom, you're too weak, you'll die. YOU ARE TOO WEAK!" I plead her.

"Ssshhh, it's ok, you have to survive. Do not avenge us, my protective cocoon will dissipate. I love you, Princess." she answered in between her heavy breaths. She used her energy to wield the protective cocoon, hugged me tightly, gripped the back of my neck so that I did not break loose.

"No Mom, no!" I cried, kept pleading. Then I felt it. She loosened her grip. Her hands fell to each side. I hurriedly looked at her face, her eyes were closed with a tear drop on her cheek. I grabbed her arm placed in my neck and scooped her legs.

I carried her then ran towards the Conference Hall. There I saw my father and Aunt Alana, weekly aiding our people. Warriors from Tibolo pack were hindering our people from going out.

"Dad! "Help Mom, Help my mom!" I shouted. I placed my mom's body on a table. I felt jittery, my mom was not breathing. He stared at me then glanced at his mate's lifeless body. His eyes were full of grief and sadness. He approached me while our warriors and Aunt Alana were circling us in a defensive position.

"You have to survive this Ayumi, do not let our pack Go extinct" he said then hugged me tightly as if he was saying his goodbye.

"I, Arthur Madrigal, Alpha of the Katana Pack resign as the head of this pack. I declare Ayumi Madrigal the new Alpha of Katana Pack." he declared.

" Daddy no!!!!" I cried as I saw our warrior and Aunt Alana lift a protective barrier around us, but then a huge blast engulfed the whole conference hall. Booooom!!!!!! We were all thrown all over the place. I tried to stand up, but I was too dizzy to do so. I could hear ringing in my ear which was caused by the blast. I crawled while looking at the surrounding that was covered in smoke and dust.

I tried to stand up, shook my head to stop the ringing in my ear. Then I looked around... nothing was left. I coughed hard, there was too much dust and smoke around. Aunt Alana, father and the warriors thrown away in different directions, their bodies scattered everywhere. The smoke and the ashes from the blast made me cough vigorously.

From afar, I saw the Tibolo pack escaping. Some of them are wounded. I saw Alpha Apollo being drag by a woman away from our packhouse.

I looked around tried to stand and take a better look at everyone, I looked for a Survivor. But I did not see anyone. I dropped to my knees after I realized that everyone was dead.

I screamed and screamed. I called the names of everyone that I knew but no one answered back. I am now alone. I grabbed my chest; the despair was extremely excruciating. How can this day end up like this? Then it hit me, energy surging within me. I was absorbing my family and my dead packs' ability... then everything went black.