Ayumi's

It is the night before my 18th birthday. My Mom Tala and my Dad Alpha Arthur had prepared a grand celebration for this day. It was my becoming of age party and first shift as well. I would be meeting my wolf and acquire an ability after which excites me the most.

I peaked at the window inside my room, people started to line up at the pack house entrance which made me anxious. My Dad, sensing my anxiety, grabbed my hand and assured me.

"Don't worry princess, I know you can do this. You are my Princess, but you have proven that you are a warrior as well. You are a fighter." His voice was laced with assurance. I nodded in response. Then I frowned. I could hear commotion from outside.

My mother Tala was coming towards us. Her voice echoes along the corridors of our pack house. Giving instructions to anyone she met along the way. The moment she entered the room she had a beaming smile. She was wearing a silver-colored gown which matched her angelic beauty.

I was wearing a mermaid cut gown. It has Fuchsia- Rose color on its sleeve and hip going down to its hem. It has a see-through fabric, studded with embellishment and crystals around my chest down to my waist hiding my boobs.

"See, you look even more exquisite in the gown. If I had not insisted on this design, you might end up wearing simple dress in your own party" She smiled enthusiastically.

"Mom, I really don't think I have to wear this delicate dress. I am going to strip this off before midnight. It's a waste of money." I complained.

"Nonsense, nothing is being wasted if I spend it with you, my Princess." She pouted her lips while talking to me as if I was still a toddler.

"I am 18 now mom, why do you keep treating me like I am still a kid." I asked her.

"Just let your mommy be Ayumi. She is spoiling you till the last minute. She's afraid you will find your mate the moment you shift." Father commented. His remarks gained him a pinch to his side from my mom.

Most Alpha blood wolves but not all had been able to meet their mate during their first shift. It might be because they are drawn to each other. They have a huge responsibility and a pack to take care of. These were the reasons my mom felt anxious. To her, I was still her precious kid.

Mom suddenly froze, somebody from our Pack mindlink her. Her eyes sparkled, confirming my suspicion. She was communicating with someone then she stared at me and smiled.

"Come, we are meeting someone in the entrance." mom suddenly said. I can see her excitement. She pulled my hand and ushered me out of the room. We walked down the stairs then went to the entrance door.

I saw my mom happily hugging a gracefully looking woman wearing a blue gown. While father was all smiles looking at them. She led her to me.

"Ayumi, this is your Aunt Alana, my best friend." she proudly said. I glanced at Luna Alana who looked equally beautiful as my mom. She wore light make up, but her elegance and her glamour shine the most. Her face was wearing a smile, but I felt a lack of happiness in her brown eyes. Then Mom gestured her hand to the serious looking man in black suit who stood right next to her.

"And this is Alpha Apollo Saavedra, her mate;" she added. The man looked stunning and stood confidently. He had fierce blue eyes and a prominent jaw. Although he wore a tuxedo, I knew he had a lean muscular body.

I shook hands eagerly to Alpha Apollo then Luna Alana, but Aunt Alana pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"Goodness Tala, you really have a beautiful daughter. It is so sad I had to leave my son back in our pack. He will surely swoon over you. I will surely mention you to him, he is going to start looking for his mate after this", she said matching my mom's excitement.

"Oh Alana, although I will approve if your son ends up as Ayumi's mate. I still can't let go of my baby." Mom said.

I glanced at my father. He winked at me which made me smile even more. He was listening to both my mom and Aunt Alana's conversation.

"But why did you leave him, I was excited to meet him as well. The last time I saw him he was just a baby." my mom asked Luna Alana.

"I wish I could bring him here, but we cannot put our guard down. Those cunning witches kept on attacking our land, but I cannot miss this." Aunty Alana sounded disappointed. "Have you found out why they are aggressive in destroying you. Most coven of witches do not invade a land. Coven of witches tends to stay on their sacred sanctuary." my father asked with so much concern.

"Let us not spoil the party with our territorial problems dear." I heard Alpha Apollo answered. Then he smiled at all of us.

"Let's Go inside, the party will soon start". My mother then commented.

She instructed me to go up to the stage while she directed Luna Alana and Alpha Apollo to their seats. My father ushered me along the way.

The moment I stood on the stage, the MC introduced me, my mom and father. Father then took the mic and made his speech. His speech was funny and full of gratitude, he then introduced me as the heir of Katana pack and the future Alpha of our pack.

After the formalities, everyone was instructed to Help themselves towards the buffet table, but other distinguished guests were served by the food servers.

It was midnight, I was instructed to change my gown to a robe, I had no time to grab food or drink.

When I came back from my room. I was ushered back by my parents to the podium inside the packhouse conference Center. I nervously glanced at my parents who both have longing eyes, they were holding each of my hands.

Then the clock strikes 12 midnight, shooting pain inside me made kneel. I could hear the crowd cheering. I positioned myself on my fours, both hands placed in front of me. I see my parents kneeled at my sides whispering words of encouragement.

"Princess, breath let her come in, just like we practiced." I heard my father say.

I took a deep breath but as soon as another wave of pain came in my deep breaths became panting. I could sense my bones breaking and transforming to a different position. Then my canine extended while my face started to elongate forming a snout. I shook my head from all the pain. My skin felt burning as my fur started to grow. My hand changed into paws. I lay down on my stomach, then I closed my eyes, I saw the Ash brown wolf inside my mind. The moment her snout touched my nose I transformed into a large ash brown wolf. Then a clap erupted in the hall. I opened my eyes and I saw my parents' face looking proud at me.