Underground Cabin

It was starting to get dark. We had not driven that far from the beach house when I noticed Ayumi fell asleep. I glanced at her from time to time, checking her. She must be exhausted from the day's event. I must admit that kiss was uncalled for, I panicked. Drew was Peaking and I am about to lose control of my own wolf. My action pacified my wolf and Ayumi at the same time. It made me taste heaven for a second.

I had to grasp a small amount of self-control. Getting close to her mate my heart skipping a beat. She was feisty and strong-willed but seeing her curled on the passenger seat, she looked delicate and subdued. She resembled a harmless Angel, yet she could defend herself even the devil itself.

We had been on the road for 4 hours. I had a quick stop at a Petrol station, but she did not even notice it. She must be dreaming. I took my jacket from my bag and placed it on top of her. Then continued driving off again.

I planned to search for some information about the past and learn more about the tension between Tibolo pack and the Katana pack. I was naïve then and did not bother to ask my father about it. Now I realized I was complaisant. I looked ignorant to her, and I was not proud of it. She was certain that I was a Katana wolf so where else is the better place to start investigating. It would be the Katana Pack territory.

We were about to reach the border of her pack when I noticed she was restless on her seat. I parked the car on the side of the road then checked on her. I saw beads of sweat on her forehead. Her eyebrows were wrinkled while she kept stirring her head, I gently placed my hand on her cheek.

"Ayumi, Ayumi", I called her, causing her to wake up.

She slowly opened her eyes then I saw the shock in it. Realizing how close I was to her; she quickly broke eye contact and turned her head away from me. She abruptly straightened on her seat then gazed outside. She then noticed where we were.

"Why are we here? I thought we were going to find a Coven who could locate my mate." she asked. I saw the strain on her face.

"You are certain that I am A Katana wolf so I'm here to actually see if you're telling the truth. Your story and my dad's story do not Match up. This is the perfect place to start." I told her. She hesitantly nodded. I stared at her for a moment, not sure if I should start a conversation. She was clearly anxious.

"I haven't set foot here since the incident. The day your mom died; was also the day I lost my family and pack." She spoke. Her eyes were full of sadness. She looked outside, I could see she was holding back her emotions.

I nodded then maneuvered the car towards the pack territory. I continued driving towards her territory but as soon as we crossed the border, I felt a flow of energy surging towards my body. I tried to ignore it but I she sensed that she knew I felt the connection with her Land.

"Why haven't you come back?", I said, trying to escape the awkward situation.

"This place had so many depressing memories, I haven't found the courage to face it again." she uttered.

"I'm sorry for bringing you here then." I answered sincerely.

"Don't be. It was my idea to tag along" she said with a teary eye. She was refraining herself from making eye contact.

I parked in front of the ruins which I believe was her Packhouse. I could tell, since it looked like it was the largest structure. The place resembled a building that was hit by a bomb. She got out of the car, then walked towards the pack house. The sadness on her face was very evident as she scanned the place. Her confidence was gone. Then she looked at me.

"So, you see, there is nothing left here. Only the remnants of the tragedy." She said while walking towards the forest. I followed her as she was headed to the forest near her packhouse then she stopped. She was looking at the ground. I could see an underground hatch; it was barely noticeable because of the moss that has grown above it.

"What's in here? I asked her." I asked her.

"This was supposed to be my packs underground cabin. We store items here for emergency purposes. It had safety deposit boxes and emergency bags. But now it is my parent's and my Packs' grave." She answered

I froze.

"Your mother was here too. I had no choice but to put her here with my parents. I had to escape back then; I was too weak to fight" tears falling on her eyes. I kneeled in front of the closed hatch; I could not grasp the information she told me.

"I had to move quickly back then, I knew your pack would hunt me, they were just gathering reinforcements. I did not have the luxury of time to pay respect to any of my Pack. But I could not leave their lifeless bodies lying all around the pack house" she cried.

"I just can't. I am still haunted by memories of that awful night. Everyone sacrificed their life to protect me. I felt dreadful about it. Was I worth it?" She added. I could not find a word to comfort her. I tried reaching for her hand, but she dodged my hand and turned her body away from me. I saw her walk back to the pack house, while wiping the tears on her face.

I felt so empty inside. My mind was denying the fact, but I faced evidence. I sighed. My father's story was opposing hers. I started questioning my belief.... our packs beliefs. I stared at the underground cabin door.

"I'll come back for you Mom; I promise" then I walked back to the pack house where Ayumi headed.