Training her

Since the day of the attack, Devon had became persistent in preparing our warriors. Javier, the Tibolo pack's new Alpha, Devon's former pack. Javier had managed to defeat Luca through Alpha challenge and was ousted from the position. Devon had tried his best to locate Luca's well-being and had learned that he was held captive inside the Tibolo territory alongside his followers.

Devon was devastated upon hearing his best friend's condition. Luca was not only his beta then, but he was his closest friend. Luca was held captive and kept alive even though he was defeated in the challenge because he was closest to Devon.

While all our warriors and youngsters who were capable of fighting have undergone rigorous training in preparation for the threat posed by Javier of the new Tibolo pack. I had trained Marxell from the Black Moon pack to prepare her for her quest back to their territory to retrieve information we needed about the witches.

I looked at Marxell who was jogging behind me; clearly exhausted from running numerous laps in our pack grounds. She was an Alpha blood but surprisingly untrained. No wonder Caleb, her mate, was nervous about allowing her to go out from our territory.

"Luna.... Can we take a.....a... break...just few.... mi... minutes?" I heard Marxell say in between her heavy breathing. I glanced at her and wondered why his father had allowed her daughter not to train when she could have potential to be strong. Black moon wolves are known ruthless in fighting, it was a shame that she had not started training even though she was an Alpha blood wolf.

"I.... am so... sorry...." she added while still jogging behind me. I had to stop and wait for her. I placed my hands on the side of my waist and stared at her. She stopped in front of me, panting. Bent over and placed her hands on her knees while catching her breath.

"Marxell, you seem unmotivated? You want me to call Caleb to train you instead?" I asked her. Which made her shake her head abruptly in response.

"Oh no, no Luna, I felt like a nuisance in front of Caleb. I felt like I was disturbing him. I am sorry for disappointing you Luna" I heard her say which made me frown.

"You clearly had no idea." I said then smirked at her. "I am not disappointed in you; I just want to motivate you that's all.... Caleb might help." I told her, assured her. It was her turn to frown back at me.

"He was uncomfortable for some reason.... He was good at training me but all I heard from him was nagged." Marxell whined. I smiled upon hearing this, cupped her sweaty face.

"You poor soul, things will get better." I told her which made her stare at me with a questioning look. I smiled at her and turned around. I watched the rest of the warriors gathering on the grounds preparing for sparring session with Devon and Caleb. Marxell stood next to me and looked at the warriors' direction.

"You want to try the things that I have thought you earlier? I asked Marxell. She gazed at me nervously which made me laugh.

"You are ready for this. Trust me as your mentor." I told her. She nodded hesitantly. I walked towards the group. Marxell followed me. I met Devon's gaze while he was giving instructions to the group of warriors. I smiled at him then stared at Caleb who desperately wanted to look unbothered by Maxell's presence. I could not help but smile even more seeing how chaotic Caleb face was. I shook my head upon witnessing it.

"We will try a knock off kind of sparing. We will divide the group into youngsters and warriors. Then will start the sparing with the newest members and whom every win had to spar with another opponent." Devon said to the crowd which was responded by murmurs from the crowd.

"You might feel intimidated since this will be a series of sparing, but we would like to test your endurance. How long can you hold off and keep fighting. Whoever wins from each group will have to fight against the groups' winner. There will be no wolfing involve and no weapons as well." Devon added. I looked at Marxell who was anxiously standing right next to me.

The youngster's group consisted of wolves ages 14 to 17 And was composed of boys and girl wolves from our pack and from the rouges that we have rescued for the past years. These was where Marxell will be group with. I signaled her to line up amongst the group and watched Caleb as he stared at her anxious mate. He was clearly concerned of Marxell.

Devon had chosen to observe the warrior group sparing while me and Caleb chose to supervise the youngsters. We started off at the age of 14 years old. I was impressed by each of the newly trained wolves. Most of them had distinctively improved and had showcased their skills as a fighter.

A 15-year-old boy had managed to defeat numerous opponents and had been able to fight his group swiftly. He even managed to defeat the ones older than him. This kid must have started training his pack before becoming a rouge. The boy came from a pack from the west coast and had Alpha blood lineage. I looked at the line and saw it was Maxell's turn to spar with the boy.

"Have you undergone training, Luther?" I asked the boy. While he was preparing for Marxell.

"Yes Luna. I had started training since I was12 years old." Luther responded. I nodded upon hearing it. Then signaled at Marxell to position next to Luther for sparing.

"Very well, Luther. Marxell here is newly trained. As her mentor, I am hoping that you give her a good fight. Do your best to defeat her. Don't let her hit you just because she's new." I asked Luther.

"Yes Luna." Luther responded then walked towards the middle waiting for Marxell. I nodded upon hearing his response. I felt Caleb stare.

"What?" I asked Caleb through mind link.

"The kid is clearly skillful fighter, why do you have to asked him that?" Caleb confronted me through mind link.

"You said she is not your mate. Why do you care? I am training her, remember? So, do not question how I handle her." I answered back in the mind link.