Bear with me

I took deep breaths to calm down my nerves. He stood up, held both of my hands then pulled me close against his body. He wraps his arms around my waist then places his forehead on my shoulder. Inhaling me.... I shivered in response, his closeness made my body react. It felt like a small electric current creeping down my spine.

"I was obsessed on finding you for 8 years, you don't expect me to give up that easily. Although you are my packs' enemy still, we cannot deny the fact that You are my mate" Devon said his face still buried in my shoulder.

"Soooo... what are you going to do now mate.?, I said and smiled. He stood straight then stared at me. I looked at him curiously. He touched my face then tucked a few strands of my hair into my ear. I could see sincere concern in his eyes. I have not felt this kind of care since my parents died. It felt ecstatic.

"I will get to the bottom of this, I planned to investigate this tension between you and my pack. I was buying myself time... I thought denying you as my mate will keep you safe" he said that made me laughed.

"I can keep myself safe, but you came. We will be vulnerable every time bond wave comes, I can go hide but I had to be near you to keep you safe too." I explained. He moved back slightly still holding my waist, he looked straight to my eyes... longing. I placed my hands on the back of his neck.

"Why do you want me to reject you?" He asked.

"I considered the rejection to put an end of our life-threatening situation but since I can't do it because of my Katana Wolf belief, I persuaded you. But damn, you are hard-headed just like me", I told him. He chuckled which made me smile.

"But I am a Katana wolf too, remember?" he said with a smile.

"You believe me now? I like to see you smile; you look adorable mate." Placed my hand on his cheek. Then he cupped my face then pecked a kiss on my lips.

"I really wanted to kiss you the 1st time I met you. I never said that I do not believe you, but I also needed to know what happened before to fully grasp our situation. Please bear with me, I will do my best to protect you. I will never let you feel alone again" He answered.

"You can't go with a rouge like me, you're a Tibolo pack's future Alpha." I answered him with concern.

"You are not a rogue, As I far as I remember you are the Alpha of Katana pack. You still own this land, and you found a Katana wolf, me", he said while smiling at me.

"You can't abandon your pack. Your father will not let you and I will not let you either. I know you will be a great Alpha, Tibolo pack can reform if the leader is better" I told him.

"Let's not bother ourselves about it for now. You woman need to rest. Tell me where we can find a place to rest." He said then abruptly lifted me from the ground. And carried me like a bride. I was startled by his sudden movement. I unintentionally squeaked. Which made him laugh.

"You can put me down, I can walk" I complained. He just shakes his head in disapproval.

"You made me suffer enough back in the beach house; can we just be mates now? Like for real, I am too exhausted I just want to cuddle you... please." His eyes were pleading.

He was a strong looking man. He has wide shoulders, and he was well-built. It might be because he had Alpha blood. He stood around 6 feet tall. He looked like a Greek God to me, like those we see in books. I might be playing favorites, but I cannot compare his face to anyone I have met before. To me he was the mate worth fighting for. It was good that he is not as greedy as his father. He possessed his mom's values, Aunt Alana. The values and beliefs that we Katana wolves followed.

"No need to carry me. I can walk, really. It feels awkward" I insisted. He then placed me down, but he held my hand. "We were enemies earlier now were..."

"Mate?" He interrupted, which made me smile. "This meeting of ours was different from what I had imagined. How was I supposed to treat you well when days prior I was blind-sided by father." He spoke.

"I really do not know too. I plan to leave you too the moment you get to reject me." I said honestly. He squeezed my hand.

"Lossing you was not part of my plan. I am sorry to disappoint you. Again, I was buying as time. That is why I told you to stay at the beach house" he smiled while saying.

"I am glad I came here with you. You might pass out with the bond pain." I stated.

"We are surely fucked up." he chuckled. "So, this means were done with wave one? Will it really be that painful?" his brows were furrowed.

"Yeah. Why? Are you changing your mind now? You can still reject me." I asked him curiously.

"I enjoy pain, it makes people strong." he mimicked the voice I used earlier. I laughed at him. He is funny. I pinched his side he laughed even louder.

"Enough with your rejection, it was never an option." he then said.

"Whatever!" I rolled my eyes while answering him. "How about we rest?" I asked him.

"That is a great idea" He answered. His face is glowing with happiness. "Where do you think could we rest?" He roamed his eyes. He moved his head side to side, looking for a shelter we could stay.

I directed him onto the path towards a small cabin. "We can stay at my mom's studio" he nodded then walked towards the path I pointed to. A cabin hidden by the forest.