True mate

Alpha Apollo's POV:

After I confronted My son Devon about what happened today. I asked Tessa, my in-house witch, to search for spells that we could use to find the Katana wolf's mate. Everything we did was a failure. I have been frustrated ever since. It has been this way for the past 8 years.

I and Tessa have been searching for means to put an end to the Lone Katana, but all the strategies we did were useless. Nothing works on her. Her abilities hinder us from capturing her. I had to call my son, Devon. He was away training and studying in preparation for his Alpha role. I choose him to do so, to let me and Tessa do whatever we want. I thought he could put something on the table.

Devon was a competent son. He had followed my orders with no complaints. I was surprised that he has not challenged my choices. He even accepted all the things that I have said to him including his mother's death. He was distant the whole time. Devon had also grabbed the chance to look for his mate. He was not successful either.

Thinking that Devon had been training and studying strategies by traveling and meeting other packs. I asked him to join our crusade against the Katana bitch. I thought he could put a descent plan to finally terminate the Katana wolf, but he failed. I know I was harsh on him but if he really wanted to be the Alpha of the Tibolo pack he had to step up.

I learned he went again to his mom's beach house; she placed a protection barrier around it. No one can find it unless you are a Katana wolf. I was pissed about the thought of it. He has the blood of a Katana wolf but like me he has not acquired any ability of a Katana wolf would. My Luna had blinded me about that mini sanctuary she got for them. I thought they were gone vacationing every time Devon and Alana travel together. I had discovered she kept bringing my son to that house.

I was busy handling the witch's coven concern and Tess. I was not able to distinguish what my Luna had been up to. I suspected she knew something about us. About me and Tessa but kept it to protect our son.

Devon spends most of his time there like he always does ever since his mother died. I just let him be. His mourning his mother's death. That is the least thing that I could do, let him mourn, thus I don't want him to suspect anything about me and Tessa.

The coven Tessa used to belong to kept attacking my pack, and the only means that I could totally protect Tessa was to relinquish my Luna Alana's ability. But she never shared her ability with me.... Tessa and I thought Katana pack had found a way to kept it from happening which put me on the edge.

I was drinking my Bourbon when Tessa came into my office to check on me. She sat on my lap and gave me a peck kiss on my lips. My eyes widened with her sudden act of affection.

"What are you doing people might see us? I questioned her.

"I really don't get it, Apollo! Why do we have to stay hidden, your Luna Alana had been dead for 8 years, you are the Alpha of this pack? You can do whatever you want. And let me remind you I am your true mate?!" Her face was full of frustration.

"We've talked about this a million times. Devon cannot know about us! Not now! You also know how much I cherish him, and I cared how he perceives me. My son, I have deceived him and his mother for years. I am not yet ready to Face his disappointment." Told her with a pleading face. She stood up and stump her way towards the window.

"Am I not important to you? I was your mistress back then even though I was your true mate. I have helped you deceive Alana through spell. It was painful as hell to watch you complete that shitty wolf bond of yours with her.... she screamed.

"You tossed me aside! You choose to follow your father, Alpha Maximus order and mate with the Katana wolf. I remained here with you! I turned my back on my coven. I helped you and yet now I am still the hidden mistress...!", her eyes piercing with anger. I could not find the right words to console her. I stood up and walked towards her. I hugged her from the back to console her. I have been inefficient as an Alpha. I also let my mate down. I felt incompetent.

"Sorry if I wasn't the mate, you deserve but if we successfully kill the Katana wolf., I can relinquish her ability as well as her packs'. I can protect you from your coven. Then it will be easier for me to inform Devon about us. We don't have to worry about being attacked by your coven or anyone. Who would stand against us, I can step down as an Alpha and go live with you." I said to her then kissed her. "We don't have to rely on my pack's protection.", I added.

She grabbed my hand and yanked it away from her to break loose from my hug. She started walking away then suddenly stopped at the door. I felt terrible for letting her down. But my reputation as a father was at stake. I felt bad about the poor decisions that I have made.

"Fine! I will be in the basement I need to read the grimoires from my coven." Tessa declared.

I slumped back on my chair in frustration. What I feared the most was facing my son's disappointment. I felt terrible that I had to trick Alana into her mate. She was a good partner and a mother. I was desperate back then. If I had the courage to tell my father that Tessa was my mate back, then. This series of unfortunate events did not happen. My coward self was to blame.