Determined

Marxell kept hitting the ground. Luther, the kid she was sparring with was clearly good at fighting and there was a single ounce of chance Marxell could possibly defeat her. She took hit after hit but what was more fascinating was, she never gave up. She managed to stand up and tried to fight back.

I knew she was still not capable of defeating any of the warriors. She only started training a few days ago, while most of the trainees here have been doing these for years. She might have Alpha blood on her veins, but Marxell was sheltered and protected that she has not gauge her potential as warrior.

I glanced at Caleb who was also observing the sparring and clearly noticed his concern over Marxell. He looked at my direction with a questioning look. His fists balled in anger. The protective side of werewolves are sipping out from his eyes. I smirked at him to annoy him even more. How dare him deny Marxell as his mate? I was his Alpha before and his Luna now, but he had the guts to lie on my face.

"I think this is enough, Luna. Marxell is no match with Luther." I heard Caleb from the mindlink which made me grin even more.

I ignored Caleb's comment and continued observing Marxell who was clearly struggling fighting Luther. Then again Marxell was thrown to the ground by Luther. I noticed Caleb started stepping towards the sparing circle. I glared at him to stop him from intervening.

I saw him his eyes pleading but I was more intrigued of how determined Marxell was. She received hits Luther and though this was the first time she had been hurt through fighting there was no sign of her surrendering. Before I could middle in, she ran towards Luther and tried attacking him. Luther ducked down and punched her abdomen which made her fly feet away from him.

I saw her stumble away from the sparring circle. Caleb ran towards her and intervened with the ongoing sparring. I stood from my seat and watch Caleb assisting the injured Marxell. I turned my back at them and opted to head towards my office. I could not help but smile. This was not a waste of time. I felt overjoyed seeing the result of this sparring session.

I saw my Mate Devon staring at me. I smiled at him with satisfaction while I felt dan eerie glare from someone. I clearly knew it came from Caleb. I purposely hurt his mate. I am expecting an earful of complaints from him later.

I started walking towards my office when I heard steps following my direction. I stood as I waited for the person causing the heavy stomps. As expected, it was Caleb, looking confrontational. He then stood in front of me, clearly doing his best to calm himself.

"What was that for?" he asked. He was clearly agitated. His mate took most of the hits during sparring session and it was understandable for a werewolf to overreact when it concerns our mate. I raised my brow and stared at him. He sighed and stared at me. I could tell he was contemplating what to ask me.

"Were you proving that Marxell is my mate? You could have at least considered that she's newly trained?" Caleb confronted me.

"If you are really concern with your mate, you could have ushered her to the infirmary." I answered him. He sighed and looked around. Although he was making an effort to calm down his left foot was stomping the ground.

"Is this some sort of power tripping?" Caleb then asked. He stared at me as if I was a menace.

"Ouch, you might have forgotten I am your Luna and was your former Alpha. But I will consider your twisted thoughts for now since I consider you a friend. But let me remind you, I will never put anyone in danger just to show power. Marxell might took all the blow, but have you seen how determined she was? I asked Caleb. Now I have to put my foot down since Caleb was crossing the line.

"I could see myself on Marxell, we bought lost our pack and our family. Left with the responsibility of being an Alpha. Unfortunately, Marxell grew sheltered and protected. She was not even allowed to participate in training even though she was an Alpha descendant. They could have at least known her potential. She has not gauged the weight of her responsibility. I need to know how determined she is with her training." I told Caleb. Caleb stared at me lost with words.

"You and Marxell are going to travel outside the territory to retrieve the information they had back on their pack land. Before I can do so, I must prepare her for it. She should know how to protect herself and not burden anyone who will accompany her on the mission. My outmost goal is to let Marxell gain her full potential as an Alpha." I stated with sincerity. He stared at me with visible calmness in his eyes.

Although I have overcome my own pain by rebuilding my pack and meeting my mate. The nightmare of being left alone scares me the most. Losing everything was so devastating and the only thing that I could do for Marxell is to turn her into a competent warrior. Able to fend for herself without relying on others, not even her mate.

Meeting my mate was a blessing but being able to protect him and the people I cherish the most was a gift. Now that we are pregnant, I am more determined to keep my family and my pack safe. To ensure this I and Devon must do everything we could to keep our warriors and the rogues that we adopted to be prepared with the incoming threat that was pose by the Tibolo pack.

Being mated to Devon made me more determined in life. A peaceful life that I will never give up on to a sly person like Javier.